Tuesday, September 21, 2010

trying one more time

This having to post using my BlackBerry thing sucks. It keeps kicking me out of my blog posts. *sigh*

I'm on vacation this week and am currently on the Oregon Coast at my favorite hotel. I don't know what it is about the coast, especially Oregon's, but to me there's always been this special mystique to it.

I would love to base a story here. Young woman goes to the beach to get away and ends up having this insane affair with a gorgeous stranger. Kind of like the song All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You by Heart, but not as cheesy.


For you writers out there, where is that one place you've been to that you'd totally write a story about if you could? Readers, what about you? Where is that special location you know and love that you'd love to see written about?

2 comments:

LesleyW said...

I love Scotland, but I don't actually read that many books which are set there. Maybe because I prefer to go there than read about it?

I think the only books I've read that were set there are the Outlander books. Mind you pretty much everything else I read is Urban Fiction.

Maybe I should look out for some urban fiction set in Edinburgh. :)

Estella said...

I love books set in Hawaii!
I also love the Oregon
Coast. I live 20 miles inland from the ocean in Southwestern Oregon.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP