Monday, September 6, 2010

Please Welcome Angi Morgan!

Please welcome fabulous author Angi Morgan to the island! She’s a Harlequin Intrigue debut author and her first book, HILL COUNTRY HOLDUP is out this month!! In addition to being a 2010 Golden Heart winner (check out the picture of her hubby kissing her after she won the GH), she’s an incredibly sweet author and I’m so happy she’s joining us the next few days.


Angi Morgan had several jobs before taking the opportunity to stay home with her children and develop the writing career she always wanted. V
olunteer work led to a houseful of visiting kids and an extended family. College breaks are full of homemade cookies, lots of visitors, and endless hugs. When the house is quiet, Angi plots ways to intrigue her readers with complex story lines. She throws her characters into situations they’ll never overcome...until they find the one person who can help. With their three children out of the house, Angi and her husband live in North Texas with only the four-legged ‘kids’ to interrupt her writing. For up-to-date news and information, visit Angi at her web site: AngiMorgan.com.


Since this is your first time on the island, there are some things we must know about you!



1. If you were stuck on a deser
t island what 3 things would you bring with you?

My Guy, a pen, and an endless supply of paper. Not worried about the camping experience, my guy’s a whiz at the Boy Scout stuff.



A pen and paper? You’re awesome! If your hand ever gets tired you can borrow my laptop *g*



2. Boxers, briefs, boxer-brie
fs, kilt, or commando:

Since it would be My Super Hubby that I’d be looking at, I’m going with boxers for his comfort and preference. >>vbg<<


3. Favorite heroine and why:

I couldn’t possibly choose one heroine from all the books I read, published or unpublished. But I do have a favorite of mine. No one’s read her story. Sydney is from a book I wrote several years ago for the now defunct Harlequin Duets line. She lost weight on her own by exercising with a video. The trainer recruits her for his next video and it’s one mishap after another.



4. How old is your inside
voice?

About 27. It’s my favorite age for me.



5. If you could be any hero, who would you be?

Someone who had a lot of influence, a lot of money to help others, and who respected the position he was in--keeping in mind that he was a hero.



6. Favorite book set on a tropical islan
d?

I have to go with Swiss Family Robinson. It’s full of love, excitement, adventure, and exploration.



7. What hero is most like your significant other?

A smart-mouthed, clean-cut, geek of a guy who can survive without camping gear, but now prefers our pop-up camper :) --and who loves with his entire being.



8. Favorite dri
nk to bring to the DIK party?

It’s a tie between the Harlequin Signature Martini and a Caramel Apple Martini. If you’ve never experienced caramel twirled around the glass...wow, out of this world.



Caramel and alcohol! Doesn’t get much better than that (unless of course you’re including chocolate in that equation, then double yum
)


Angi has been gracious enough to offer a copy of her debut book, HILL COUNTRY HOLDUP. All you have to do is leave a comment. Tomorrow she’ll be sharing her ‘desert island keepers’ and Wednesday she’ll be
sharing more information about her Harlequin Intrigue debut! If you stop back by every day, you have a better chance of winning! Winner will be announced on Thursday :)


She’s also having a September contest via her website:
Send a picture of yourself holding the cover of Hill Country Holdup (however you find it) and register for her newsletter. Prizes and details are available on her website.


For more information on Angi, check out: www.AngiMorgan.com, http://twitter.com/AngiMorganAuthr, http://intrigueauthors.com/, and find her on facebook. Also coming soon, find her here: http://www.unsinkablewriters.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Angi! Congrats on your Gold Heart Award! I love the cover art for Hill Country Holdup. Your book sounds amazing. :D

Angi Morgan said...

Thank you Becca. I hope you'll be able to grab a copy and tell me what you like about it. I'm very excited to get feedback.

~~Angi

Wynter said...

Hi Angi - Congrats on the Golden Heart win and on your first book with Intrigue! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Angi Morgan said...

Thank you Wynter! I hope you pick up a copy next week. Don't forget to take a picture, send it to me, sign up for my newsletter and be entered in this month's contest!

~~Angi

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to the island, Angi! I think it's so cute that you're bringing your guy with you :)

Angi Morgan said...

Hi Katie,
We've found that nine days alone is our limit. So it better be a short island stay. >>vbg<< Honestly, he really was the first thing/person who popped into my mind.

~~Angi

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Loved your answers, Angi. What a great question on what is your inner voice's age? You are a lot more clever than me because I had never thought about that before nor do I have an answer. Will have to think about it.

Cute photo with hubby. I will never forget your emotional speech when you won the Golden Heart. So proud of you and everything you've accomplished. You go girl!!!

Angi Morgan said...

Thanks Paisley.
It will always be a special night for me. No repeats. I'm really glad he was there to share it. You know, the guy scraped up his own money to purchase his ticket? It wasn't in our budget for him to attend, but he was determined to be there...he just knew I was going to win.

~~Angi

Lea said...

Welcome to the Island Angie!

Congratulations on your award! That drink looks like a great way to celebrate. ;)

Looking forward to your post tomorrow!

Angi Morgan said...

Lea,
I'm really liking the Island. And I can't wait to have anything caramel. LOL I'm on a very demanding diet of NO bread, NO dairy, NO sugar, NO rice/pasta, NO soda, NO alcohol. I've made exceptions in July to celebrate, but I'm back on it with mucho dedication.
~~Angi

Jane said...

Congrats on your debut release, Angi. What a cute pic of you and your husband.

Angi Morgan said...

Thank you, Jane!

He's actually been working all day on my bookmark and website. (YAY) We should have it up tonight with the rules for HOLD UP THE COVER.

~~Angi

chey said...

Hi Angi,
Congratulations!
Hill Country Holdup sound fantastic!
chey127 at hotmail dot com

Angi Morgan said...

Hi Chey,
I hope you like HCH. I really love those characters. And the weird thing about my cover...the little boy looks exactly like my grandson who the little boy in the story is patterned after. (And I didn't send his picture into Marketing.)

~~Angi

Angi Morgan said...

WYNTER is the winner of a copy of Hill Country Holdup.

Thanks again for having me on the island everyone. Make certain you stop by my new website, catch a look at my new book trailer, and enter my contests next week for more prizes.

~~Angi

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP