Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Angi's Desert Island Keepers

Please welcome back Harlequin Intrigue author Angi Morgan for her second day on the island! Today she’s sharing her desert island keepers with us and she's got some great choices!


This really took a lot o
f thinking. It was so hard to come up with just a few from my keeper shelf.


#1 Nora Robert’s Quinn Brothers series: Sea Swept, Rising Tides, Inner Harbor.
This series struck a chord in me and has to be one of the sexiest, loving relationships between brothers/men that I’ve ever read. It has just a hint of paranormal, and the heroines are extremely strong women to match each of the brothers


#2 & #3 Nora Robert’s McKade Brothers series: Rafe & Jared, Devin & Shane.
These Silhouette titles also had a hint of the paranormal, strong brothers, and strong, unique heroines they could fall in love with. Set on a civil war battlefield, everything about the stories intrigued me.



#4 Karen Marie Moning’s Highlander series. No No No, I can’t choose just one. I’ll pretend they were all reprinted in one gigantic book. If you’ve never read this series it’s everything any time travel, Scottish brogue, Fairy/Fey, magical story you’ve ever dreamed of. Amazing, sexy, smart...and Scottish.



#5 Angi Morgan’s Hill Country Holdup. I don’t know if this is done, but since it’s my first book and I’m too excited for words that it’s on book shelves in one week...well, this book is traveling everywhere with me so it would definitely be the one thing I’d grab for the island. Those who have read it say it’s a fast-paced, adventure that they can’t put down.



You’re definitely not the first to bring an entire series to the island so no worries! More books to share. However, I think you are the first to bring your own book and I can’t say that I blame you!! You’ve had an exciting year and if I were in your shoes, I’d bring mine too ;) Thank you for sharing your choices with us. Anyone who loves Nora Roberts is okay in my book!



Don’t forget, Angi has been gracious enough to offer a copy of her debut book, HILL COUNTRY HOLDUP. All you have to do is leave a comment. Check out yesterday’s post for the contest she’s hosting on her website.



Tomorrow is Angi’s last day and she’s going to be sharing more info about her Intrigue debut and an excerpt so don’t forgot to come back by!



For more information on Angi, check out: www.AngiMorgan.com, http://twitter.com/AngiMorganAuthr, http://intrigueauthors.com/, and also find her on facebook.

19 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Love your choices, Angi! Even though I enjoy her In Death series more (as JD Robb), pretty much anything by Nora Roberts works for me. I've never read anything by Karen Marie Moning but I think I'm going to check out some of her stuff now after that glowing recommendation :)

Angi Morgan said...

Hey Katie,
I have to admit that I haven't read Karen Marie Moning since she switched to First Person POV. What I really like is a sexy, confused hero...and when you're in first person, you just don't get that sense of male confusion. Her Highlander series is awesome--I might just have to pull all of them from the shelves and read the good parts again.

~~Angi

Anonymous said...

Hi Angi, you're choices are awesome. Nora Roberts and Karen Marie Moning are two of my favorite authors. I would have to add three more series to that though, Hannah Howell's Highland Series, Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries, as well as Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. I need my vampires. lol

Angi Morgan said...

Hey Becca,
Vampires? Oh...well...I read vampires by people who I personally know. I just don't relate to the whole undead thing where the heroine has to give up life to life forever...etc.

But yes, Hannah's series is awesome and I pick them up all the time. I actually met Hannah last year. Her personality is just awesome.

~~Angi

Romance Odyssey said...

Hey Angie! I have to say, I love your choices. Like Becca, I love my vampires. I would have to add Nora Roberts, Circle Trilogy! Also, Congrats on Hill Country Holdup, one excellent read!

Angi Morgan said...

Hey Linda,
So I have to ask...have you read Hill Country Holdup yet? I've only had one person from the Harlequin Book Club (outside my family and CPs) that have admitted they've read it.

Okay, my insecurities are showing...and my excitement.

~Angi

loriwilde said...

To Kill A Mockingbird. My favorite book ever.

Kaylea Cross said...

Hi Angi! I'd have to bring some Lisa Marie Rice books with me, and maybe a couple of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books too. Haven't read any of Karen Marie Moning's work yet, but it sounds neat. Congrats on the new Intrigue :)
Thanks for visiting the Island!

Shelley Munro said...

I loved that Nora Roberts series (it was one of my favorites exactly because of the relationships between the brothers) and I like the Highlander series too. I have that one on my bookshelf, and I don't keep many books. Great selection!

Angi Morgan said...

Lori,
One of my favorite movies and what a great book.

~~Angi

Angi Morgan said...

Hi Kaylea,
I'm happy to be here on the island...although my 'island' at the moment is crowded with my hubsband's organization as we redesign my website. Oh the joy.

~~Angi

Angi Morgan said...

Hey Shelley,
I feel totally validated when people like the same things as me. Hopefully that means you'd like Hill Country Holdup too. Even as a shorter series romance, I tried to make it a fast-paced, non-stop romance with just a couple of breathers...

~~Angi

Kim Campbell said...

Hey Angi- Congratulations again. I love your choices! I would have to bring the entire collection of Kathleen Woodiwiss, almost entire collection of Anne Rice and like Lori, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Angi Morgan said...

Kim, you're awesome.
Wow...Woodiweiss. It's too hard to choose.

I couldn't even consider my friends' books. Too many to choose from and I didn't want to hurt any feelings.

~~Angi

chey said...

Hi Angi,
I really like your choices!

Carla Capshaw said...

Great choices, Angi! I'm a Woodiwiss fan like Kim. Shana is my ultimate DIK. I also love the early Marlory novels by Johanna Lindsay and a bunch of Lisa Kleypas. Hmmm...so many others. How big is the box we're allowed to take to the DI?? Congrats on your GH win and debut. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Angi Morgan said...

Chey --
Thanks for stopping by.

~~Angi

Angi Morgan said...

Carla --

I have so many Johanna Lindsay books on my shelf...I have all of her earlier books.

I've got it... I'll be stranded on the isle with all of you and we'll each have 5 books to bring. That should last us until we're rescued.

:-)
~~Angi

Angi Morgan said...

WYNTER is the winner of a copy of Hill Country Holdup.

Thanks again for having me on the island everyone. Make certain you stop by my new website, catch a look at my new book trailer, and enter my contests next week for more prizes.

~~Angi

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP