Monday, September 20, 2010

Oops!

*sigh* the best intentions...pfft...flew right out the window.

I hope this blog entry shows up. I'm typing it on my BlackBerry & that's always iffy at best.

The hardest part about writing for DIK is that I'm never really sure what I'm going to say. I'm not as clever as a lot of my fellow dik ladies, so I try to avoid anything that shows my lack of whit. Heh. Me? Be funny? Surely you jest. :P

I've been going thru a lot lately, both personally and professionally, which is causing me a great deal of stress. Thankfully i've been able to read a lot of great books lately. I finished reading City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane a week or so ago and really enjoyed it. It was definitely the strongest book yet.

I was lucky enough to go to a great book signing on Friday night here in Portland. Does anyone else hear an angelic chorus in their head when something crazy awesome happens? I had 2 of those moments on Friday. 1 was when Meljean handed me an advanced copy of The Iron Duke and 2 was when Ilona Andrews not only knew who I was, but remembered my name. Yeah, it was that kind of night. :D
So, my life's kind of crazy right now, but things like friday night kind of makes it okay.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't wait to read The Iron Duke! You lucky, lucky girl! :)

LesleyW said...

Don't worry you're not the only DIK lady who worries about what she's going to post.

And congrats on getting the Iron Duke I think that's possibly the book I am most looking forward to in 2010.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP