Saturday, September 20, 2008

Guest Blogger - Sarah

When I first stumbled upon the excited gabbing about DIK Ladies, I admit, I didn't really get it. Now that it's been explained to me, it is a fun idea! So when Sarai signed on with us over at Reading Romance Books, I took the opportunity to ask her about it and she asked me if I would consider guest blogging. Well, here I am, and I have to tell you that the choices I have had to make regarding this list was harder than I thought. You'd think it was real.... Anyways, here we go. Six books that I would want to have with me on a deserted island:

Duke and I was also my first Julia Quinn book, and I loved this book. It is a historical romance, and while I generally do like a good historical, I found that the family dynamics appealed to me most. I loved the interaction and the humor that she writes with. I laughed in this book, and I cried in this book, the couple in question were really great for me and you'll see that Simon, our hero, makes it to my other list for one very special reason....

Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas
How do I love Lisa Klepyas? Let me count the ways! Lisa K is an author Goddess to me, and there aren't many people that really do that for me. I love this book because it had numerous plots. It had the normal romance and a sub romance, both of which I loved. I loved the fact that she created characters who were vulnerable, exciting and wrapped in each other since they were kids. I just love a childhood sweetheart book.

Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts
Jewels of the sun by Nora Roberts. This was the first book by her that I had ever read. I fell in love with Ireland through this book, and because of this book (and Gerard Butler in PS I Love You) it's become one of the places that I would like to visit someday. She painted a picture that was so remarkably fine that I fell in love with the place and her words. It was a real eye opener for me in what verbal poetry can really be.

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Zsadist. I had been looking forward to this book for a really long time, and when I read it, I was absolutely enraptured with it. I loved Zsadist and the way he was true alpha male. I loved the ending scene of the book where the big, bad Zsadist was walking away with his little girl in tow. It just was a great read for me at the time.

Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
Lara Adrian has recently topped one of my favorite author lists, and I'm so excited for her series as it's gone so far. At first I thought it was a mini JRWard series, but I was wrong. Where (IMO) JR Ward's series has fallen away, Adrian's series has only gotten better. This book showed me that the woman can write sexual tension like no one's business and she also writes characters that I generally like both main characters which isn't always an easy find anymore. If you haven't read her, give her a shot. This was Tegans book. I loved me some Tegan.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Living in North Carolina, Nicholas Sparks (a resident) is a HUGE deal down here. I never gave his books a chance, but I decided that I wanted to. So this book was the first one that I picked up. I loved this book. Did I say love? I LURVED this book. This book showed me in many ways that love reveals itself in ways that we don't always choose to see, but it's always there. I boo-hoo'd bigtime at this book. For me, it was phenomenal. I'd recommend it to anyone.

As for the men, I really don’t think that I can truly chose.. but if I had to.... these guys might be on my list:
One for each day of the week, right?
1) Simon from Duke and I --- He had that soft side that just melted me.
2) Tegan from Midnight Awakening -- He was so effing hot. All man, all the time.
3) Shawn Gallagher from Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts. He's the creative, passionate singer guy.
4) Brody from Addicted to Love - He's the guy next door who just 'gets you'.
5) Zsadist from Lover Awakened - He's vicious and when you want some hardcore, no emotion involved kind of sex, he's the one I'd be calllin.
6)Adam Black from The Immortal Highlander - Sure, he's fae, but ya know, he's confident, he's wonderfully sexy and a I'd just eat him up.
I wouldn't chose a seventh person cause there's not one of them I wouldn't try twice. Or better yet, combine the talents. yumm.
Well, I think that’s all for me. Thank you so much for asking me to blog with you guys, I appreciate it so much!

4 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Ahh, The Duke & I!! Love, love, love that book. I fell in love w/ Julia Quinn's works thru the Brigerton series and that one definitely ranks right up there as one of my faves :)

Carolyn Crane said...

Great books! I'm glad to see Midnight Awakening. That Lisa Kleypas sounds good, too. I might have to put it on my TBB list. Welcome to the island, Sarah!

Christine said...

Hi Sarah!
I love Lisa Kleypas but so far have only read her contemporaries. But I do have at least 5 of her historicals on my TBR. I have to get to them.

I agree with you about Lara Adrian and her Midnight Breeds. Tegan is my favorite, too. He almost made my hut in the hero draft. And I agree with you that Lara writes heroines just as wonderfully as she writes heroes.

Shannon said...

Wow. I actually have read most of your picks. That's a first! I'm glad to hear you liked Midnight Awakening so much. It is the next one I need to read in the series. I am really looking forward to his story. It is almost chilling how cold and aloof he is in the first two books.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP