Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh, Happy Day

So, today's my birthday. 34 years old. My, time does fly by much too quickly. :D

I'm watching pride and prejudice...both versions. I'm such a big fan of this story, but I also have to laugh. If I lived in that time period, I'd be so long in the tooth that I'd have no chance of ever getting married. It's a good thing times have changed, yeah?

It's not easy to be single sometimes. My friends are either married or in relationships and I'm the third wheel. :P However, in all honesty I really don't mind being single. I'd rather be single and happy, than in a relationship just because and miserable.
So, why am I bringing this up? I've been a reader of romance since I was a girl and though I am single, I love reading stories where a guy and a girl meet and fall in love. One of these days, it might be me. Huh, what a concept.

10 comments:

Kris said...

Yay! *throws confetti* Many happies to you, Bridget. :D

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday dear Bridget, Happy Birthday to You! too bad I can't post my birthday picture in your honor. It's of a cute set of 'buns' with Happy Birthday written in candied icing along with a few candles! Oh yeah, there is confetti too!

Chris said...

Happy birthday, Bridget!

Love the new look here at DIK, too. :)

ElaineG said...

Happy Birthday Bridget! I would sing, but I can't carry a tune.....even here lol! Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

I won't sing the rest and scare everyone off....hehe!!!

Valerie
in Germany

Ingrid said...

Happy Birthday Bridget :) Hope you had a wonderful day! '76 was a great year;)

Bridget Locke said...

Thanks, y'all. I'm having a very peaceful bIrthday. My favorite kind. :)

Estella said...

Happy Birthday!
You are just a youngster yet-----plenty of time to find that special someone.

Lea said...

Happy Birthday Bridget! I hope you had a great day. :D

Tracy said...

A very happy birthday to you Bridget!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP