Friday, September 10, 2010

Anne Rainey Picks Her Desert Island Keepers

Welcome back to the Island for the second day of Anne's visit! We enjoyed a great party last night with Anne's Tarzan hunky guy swinging through the trees and the Margaritas were flowing!! Anne is recovering sitting in a lounge chair under a nice cabana and wearing her dark glasses this morning. (LOL) However, she is a trouper and I'm turning the mic over to her to talk about her Desert Island Keeper Books!


It wasn’t easy picking 5 faves. I’m a reader. If I’m not writing, then I’m reading. My house is full of books. So, five favorites? Yeah, this took some serious thinking. I could easily have picked twenty favorites without blinking an eye!




Moon Awakening by Lucy Monroe

Moon Awaken is the first in Lucy’s Children of the Moon series. I fell madly in love with Lachlan. The setting was different for me. It’s a historical set in Scotland, and it’s a shapeshifter. A sensual tale with steamy love scenes. I wanted to go to this place after I finished this first book in the series.



Rapture Untamed by Pamela Palmer

First, let me say that if you haven’t read Pamela’s Feral Warriors series, then get your butts over to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and buy them. This is a fantastic bunch of alpha heroes that you won’t want to miss. Okay, that said, Rapture Untamed left me weak in the knees. Jag is…omg, hot! The chemistry between Jag and Olivia blew me away. Talk about scorching sexual tension, yowza! Especially the scene where he discovers her secret…holy mama. You want a story that will leave you breathless? This is it!


Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh

A friend of mine wanted me to read this book. She swore I’d like it. I was skeptical at first, but she’s never steered me wrong before so I picked up STS at the Half Price bookstore, and boy howdy!! Nalini is a storyteller, one of the best I’ve ever read. She doesn’t just write a romances, she creates a world and characters that leap off the pages. After I read STS I went straight to Amazon and bought all the books in the series. I’ve since managed to get my hands on her entire backlist. She’s become my #1 favorite author!


Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This is the first in Sherrilyn’s League series. I’ve only read Sherrilyn’s Dark Hunter series and I really didn’t think anything could top that. I was wrong. Nykyrian is one of my favorite types of heroes, though. Tortured physically and emotionally. I go crazy for that. No one deserved a happy ending more than this big guy. He possessed all the elements guaranteed to make me melt. He was tough, possessive, a little scary, but also badly in need of a woman’s soft touch. And Kiara has just the right touch, too!


Night Game by Christine Feehan

All of Christine’s books are awesome. There is no denying that. She’s an auto-buy author. You’d think the woman would have at least one dud, but she always seem to write stories that make you wish you were one of her heroines. One of the best I’ve read was part of the Ghostwalker series. All the Ghostwalker books are hot, but none quite as sexy, sultry, and steamy as Night Game. Gator Fontenot. Cajun and oh so yummy. He and Iris were a lot of fun to watch because like all Christine’s heroines, Iris gives as good as she gets. A keeper and a book I’ve reread several times!

What are some of your favorite reads?

Thanks Anne! Awesome picks, I'm a huge Sherrilyn Kenyon fan myself. :-) I have a couple of your other choices in my TBR. ;)

The contest is now closed winners to be announced soon! Thanks everyone!

We’ve planned a big party again tonight with da DIK menz and ladies. Anne is going to be back on the island for her last day tomorrow talking about.... Well, you'll have to come by and read her the extra special post she has sent our way!






BODY RUSH
Kensington Aphrodisia
Now Available

Three restless women…one naughty idea…

Legal Briefs

Taking orders from egotistical hot shots in suits is no turn-on for legal secretary Lydia Burke, but she knows where to find what she’s looking for–at a local BDSM club. Three sexy, commanding men want to show Lydia their version of the law, and she’s just the woman to yield to their demands…

Doctor’s Orders

Psychologist Roni Smart is willing to play doctor in her spare time, but she’s looking for a man who lusts after more than her money. Enter Jake, a computer whiz whose able fingers, red-hot body, and brash take-charge attitude are the perfect antidote for her fever…

Midnight Snack

Coffee shop owner Jeanette Williams just can’t read the menu when it comes to men. But she’s more than happy to serve the knee-weakening biker guy who shows up each morning, stirring a shameless desire within. So when she catches his hungry eyes on her, she offers him an after-hours culinary lesson he’ll never forget…

Heat Alert: Smokin’ Plus!

this story contains lots of hot lovin’, multiple partners, anal sex, oral sex, toys, and Dom/sub situations. NOT for the faint-hearted!

29 comments:

Mary G said...

Hi Anne & Lea
I've always had trouble answering this one with just 5 books. I have more than 5 fave authors & all their books are faves so it just multiplies. I also hate leaving out fave authors but here goes:

Wicked Burn - Beth Kery
Sweet Restraint - Beth Kery
The Missing - Shilh Walker
Naked Edge - Pamela Clare
Fallen From Grace - Laura Leone

I'm sure I'll think of others!

Heather D said...

Hey Ladies!!

Anne you picked some awesome books!! I have only read the first book in Palmer's Feral Warriors. I loved it!!! Lucy Monroe's book looks like one I am going to have to find!

I always have a hard time with choosing my 5 favorites and I do believe the list changes every time.

Gentle Rogue-Johanna Lindsay
Wicked Burn -Beth Kery
anything by Nora Roberts
Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn
Black Dagger Brotherhood--any and all!

Lea said...

Hey Anne! Welcome back to the Island. *g* Great book picks BTW. ;)

Hey Mary and Heather looks like we are all Wicked Burn fans because it it my #1 pick too.

Sweet Restraint by Beth Kery is also in my top five.
"Broken" by Shiloh Walker
"The Demonica Series" by Larissa Ione (I know I cheated)
"Burn" by Anne Rainey - It's a comfort read for me. I love Ally's story.
"Release" by Beth Kery

Picking 5 is soo hard! lol

Have a great Friday ladies..

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Great choices Anne! Your cover for Body Rush is so sexy.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to list my top authors as of right now.

Four Sworn - Delilah Devlin
Southern Comfort - Eve Cassidy
Full Disclosure - Cari Quinn
Winning Virgin Promises - Destiny Blaine
Love's Unselfish Gift - Destiny Blaine

Laura K said...

This story really IS up my alley. My favorite series reads are from Joey Hill's Nature of Desire series. Because of time constraints and such I don't often re-read a book but I just keep coming back to her.

I also love Qwillia Rain's club Diablo series as well as Cherise Sinclair's Masters of Shadowlands series. Take any of those titles and I will re-read them in print as well as eformat.

Unknown said...

Hi Anne and Lea!

It's so hard to pick just five top books, are you sure I can't just bring my Nook? LOL, and what I pick today will be different tomorrow!!

But I'm gonna try in no particular order!

1. Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (series needed here!)
2. Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake (dang, I'm bringin the series too!)
3. Dark Time, Mortal Path by Dakota Banks (there are only two books so far in this series, and I promise it's the last one!)
4. Daring Time by Beth Kery
5. Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer (I lied, lol. What? I might want to read about sparkly vampires, so sue me, lol!)

Anne, you are blessed by the cover Gods, they're fab-u-lous!!!

Dottie :)

Chris R said...

Only 5 books! I hate trying to narrow it down.

BA Tortuga's Broken Road
The book, Simple Jess
Elizabeth's Wolf by Lora Leigh
His Gentle Touch by Stormy Glenn
Heart Mate by Robin D Owen.

I have noticed that through the years I have changed my choices though.

Abbie said...

So hard to pick only five!
I think mine would be
Acheron - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Lover Awakened - JR Ward
Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Dawn's Early Light - Elswyth Thane

I have strange and eclectic taste.

Jane said...

I love Christine Ghostwalker series, too. On my list are Loretta Chase's "The Last Hellion," Julie Garwood's "Saving Grace," Cindy Gerard's "Show No Mery," Shannon McKenna's "Exteme Danger" and Colleen Gleason's "As Shadows Fade."

Anne Rainey said...

Thanks for all the recs here, ladies. Beth Kery. Can you believe I haven't read her books yet? I'm WAY behind, clearly!

Anne Rainey said...

Lea--Thanks for mentioning "Burn". It's still a special book to me. It always will be. :)

Anne Rainey said...

Heather D--Trust me, you NEED to read the rest of Palmer's Fera Warriors! They are AWESOME!

And I LOVE the BDB series by Ward!

Anne Rainey said...

Becky--Thanks for the compliments on the cover. I loved that one too! :)

Anne Rainey said...

Dottie--Thanks for the compliments on my covers. All my Samhain covers have been done by Scott Carpenter. He definitely is a god! hehe!

mamasand2 said...

Anne. I'm a huge fan of Christine Feehan too, and of Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Your "Body Rush" anthology tooks fantastic!!!

Sandie

mamasand2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Estella said...

I could never pick just 5 favorite books. Authors, maybe, but books no.

elaing8 said...

Hi Anne and Lea
some of my favorite reads are Laid bare by Lauren Dane,Release by Beth Kery,Sweet Caroline by Lissa Matthews and the Riley Jensen Series by Keri Arthur.

Anne Rainey said...

Thanks, Sandie!!

Elaine--There's another Beth Kery fan. I NEED to read this woman's books! :)

Thank you all for stopping by today and sharing all your personal faves with me. :)

Rory G said...

Kiss of a Demon King - Cole
Mercury's War - Leigh
Cry Wolf - Patricia Briggs
Lover Awakened - JR Ward
Unlaced - Anthology with Burton, Haynes and Hill

There are lots more but those are the ones I read again most often.

throuthehaze said...

The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Anne Rainey said...

Rory--I LOVED "Mercury's War"!

Throuthehaze--I haven't read Gena's books yet. I'm adding them to my list now! :)

Ashley L said...

I'm never able to list only five. That's the downside. But I tried:

The Drake Sisters Series - Christine Feehan
Anita Blake Series - Laurell K. Hamilton
Midnight Sins - Cynthia Eden
Hannah Howell's Highland Series
Harry Potter

Blodeuedd said...

No need to enter me, I am just reading the posts :)

Ohh, I like that first keeper, mostly cos I could stare at the cover

Zina said...

There are just to many books out there that are so good.
The Dark Highlander by KMM
Highland Bride by Hannah Howell
Kate's Crew by Jayne Rylon
Cowgirl up & Ride by Lorelei James
Colter's Woman by Maya Banks

but there are many many others, believe me.

All’sReads said...

I am a chronic re-reader, so these are a few of the reads with well-worn spines: Honest Illusions/Nora Roberts, Release/Beth Kery, Sweet Memories/Lavyrle Spencer, Witch's Beauty/Joey W Hill, Untamed/Pamela Clare...agree with you Anne about Nalini Singh, and thanks for some other titles I need to check out!

lindseye said...

Always hard to narrow this list.
Laid Bare Lauren Dane
Slave to Sensation Nalini Singh
Heart Mate Robin D Owen
Wolf Tales Kate Douglas
Mating Games Dana Marie Bell

Lea said...

Thanks for sharing your fav reads and stopping by the Island everyone!

Winners to be announced soon!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP