Friday, September 19, 2008

Guest Blogging - AmyC



My friend Tracy asked me to guest blog here on the Island. So here I am :). I was a little nervous. Not sure why. I have my own blog, but something about guest blogging, as if I’m someone important…HA!

Whew, there are a lot of hot guys here.

I attempted to look for hot, manly pictures. I don’t know where ya’ll search to find them, but this is what I get…WTF??

But he is cute, isn’t he? LOL :).

Anyway, I don’t know if I’m adding anything new, but here is my DIK list.

The first would be The Black Jewels Trilogy. I read them years ago and reread them at the beginning of this year when I made my mom read them. Anna and Tracy were also reading them and I just had to read them again after hearing them talk about them. I love Daemon. Even though he’s a whore in the realm, he is still so innocent and vulnerable.


My second would be Kyrian from Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon. That book I have reread also (I don’t reread very often.) His tragic past hit me in a way that made me want to be Amanda when she used the food items on his body to help him conquer his past. There is another scene like that in Robin Schone’s, The Lover, except he is doing it to her. That was the first romance I cried while reading. However, I don’t think I would like one of her heroes. They have like 9 ½ inch penises. I don’t know about you, but that is just scary. I wonder if I even have 91/2 inches of room for it??


Third would be Rhage from Lover Eternal. I thought his devotion to Mary was fabulous. Regardless of what she said, he refused to leave her and was willing to have whatever he could get from her.


And of course, the Immortal Lestat!

“I’m the Vampire Lestat. Remember me? The vampire who became a super rock star, the one who wrote the autobiography? The one with the blond hair and the gray eyes, and the insatiable desire for visibility and fame? You remember.”

“You’re a perfect devil,” Louis was saying. “That’s what you are! You are the devil himself.”

“Yes, I know,” Lestat said… “…I’m a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good.”

Yeah, I love Lestat! Not the Tom Cruise version but the one in my head. The Vampire Chronicles were the books that started my journey into reading (well, it started with Harry Potter). Once I finished those ones, I discovered the SciFi/Fantasy section and picked up the Black Jewels trilogy! I’ve been a reading fiend ever since.

I figure since I’m here, I might as well do a little pimpin’ of my own :). Over on my blog, Romance Book Wyrm, on Mondays I post a chapter of my first full length novel I wrote. I’m on the fourth of Nineteen chapters this week. On all odd number chapter weeks I have a drawing for a giftee of some kind. Right now it’s something from Bath and Body Works. Not sure what it’ll be when I run out of those items. Probably more from there, I like that store :). Stop on over if you like.

Thanks so much for having me on the Island! I hope you all have a great weekend.

AmyC

8 comments:

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey Amy, great choices. Lestat - how old school of you. And you will be fighting Sula for Rhage, but I suspect there is enough of him to go around.

KT Grant said...

Oh yes on Rhage. I would have some chains handy for him :D

Christine said...

Great hero choices, Amy! Of course, I'm not familiar with Daemon yet, but I will be soon. Thanks to you. ;)

Sarah said...

Cool post Amy! I do like Lestat, read it a wee while ago now. :)

JenB said...

Mmmm...Rhage.

And I *love* the squirrel pic. So cute!

Amy C said...

Thanks you all for dropping me a comment. I've been under the weather the past few days. I swear, the things we decide to do to ourselves..*shakes head*. Anyway, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh yes on Kryian and on Rhage..

I have the Black Jewels Trilogy sitting there. I WILL read it...one of these days! *sigh*

I could never get into Anne Rice. I don't think I could now either, I would just see Tom Cruise and that's just ewwwwwwww.

The Bookworm said...

Hi Amy, great post. Nice choices! I love Anne Rice's work as well.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP