Monday, September 27, 2010

ARC reviews - when do you want to see them?

This is a timeline question that I've been pondering for a while.  If you're a blogger that happens to be asked to review an ARC here and there - such as I am - when do you post your ARC review? Or, I should say, when do you want to see an ARC reviewed?  This question I put out to authors as well as bloggers.  

I personally want to see the ARC review within a week or maybe two of the actual release date so I can then mark it down in my tbb list and get it when it comes out.  

How about you?

4 comments:

Chris said...

Roughly around the time the book comes out, or I'll forget I wanted to read it. (Those Evernote folders get full of book recs!)

But then... all I really want to see is if one of my trusted reviewers liked the book - I don't want a lot of details.

Ingrid said...

I am with Chris. About the time, just a day or two before it is released. There is so much released every week that I will forget to buy it.

Rory G said...

A couple of weeks is perfect for me. It builds up my excitement while I wait for it to show up in my bookstore. I love wishlists on book seller websites.

LesleyW said...

I agree with the others. I think a week or two is the right amount of time. I think if you do it too far in advance then you chance that readers will have moved onto another book rather than remembering that one.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP