Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aymless's Books


It's mine turn to hog the blog! Sit back and enjoy. It'll probably be better the more drinks you consume so drink up gals!

The Black Jewel Trilogy by Anne Bishop: The Story of a world gone wrong. The Blood who's responsibilites are be the caretakers of the land have been negligent and have become more intereseted in ruling and subjugating the people. Let by the evil Hekatah and Dorothea SaDiablo, all the strong queens are being broken and all strong males are chained. But hope lives on in Witch (the Dreams made Flesh). Now that she is walks among the realms, she needs to be protected by those who would break her before her powers are fully matured and until she comes into her complete power to right all the wrongs that have been committed for millieums

The Princess Bride by William Goldman: And how could we live without the rake-ish Westely and the incompetent Prince Humperdinck, loveable giant Fezzik and the swabuckling Inigo Montoya after this a hot new classic, says so the the cover. A story to true love, vengeance and the HEA for eveyone. Not to mention the starlight cruises though evil infested waters and daylight stroll through the fire swamp.

Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh:
Book four the Nalini Singh's awesome Pys-Changling series. The is this is the story of childhood best friends separated by a trageday. For years Clay has been told the his Tally is dead and struggles daily to stay on this side of the angels. Meanwhile Tally has grown up but is struggling from the abuses from her pass. But now she needs someone strong to help her rescue her changes from a monster who is taking kids off the streets and murdering them.

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien:
THE epic fantasy novel. JRR Tolkien truly is the father modern day fantasy. The great ring of power of the great enemy, Sauron, has found itself possessed by the most unlike of creatures, a hobbit, a Bilbo Baggins. At his's "retirement" banquet, Bilbo leaves the ring to Frodo. After discovering truth about the ring, Frodo and company must seek to destroy the ring by throwing into the fire mountain Orodriun in the heart lands controlled by Sauron. A quest, battles aglore, and a love story. What more could you want.

King of Sword and Sky by CL Wilson
The third installment in the Tairen Soul series. This continues the from Lord of the Fading Lands and Lady of Light and Shadow. Ellyestta has discovered that not only is she fey, but she also the first female Tairen soul. She must leave all she knows behind to follow her truemate Rainier into the Fading Lands. But all is not well in the fading lands, especially with the appereance of Gaelen, the former dahl'reisen,
And by the discoverly of the mage marks on Ellysetta. To compound the matter, Ellystta must use the forbidden magic, Azrahn in order to save the remaining kitlings. And first battle of the great war is lauched.

Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughan
The final chapter to Keir of the Cat of the Plains and Queen Xylara of the Xy (or is it). Keir has managed to do what he set out to do at the start of his conquest in Warprize and gained more that he could have dreamed of in Lara. Together this must face the the judgment of the council of elders and defeat those that stand against them to bring there vision to life.

15 comments:

little alys said...

Wooo, books I must borrow. Good choice with the Princess Bride. Something a bit more cheery.
So glad we share. ;)
Great books!

Bridget Locke said...

Warlord was such an awesome book. That trilogy just rocked anyway. :)

The Princess Bride is probably one of my all-time favorite movies.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

So quotable.


"Mawage. What bwings us togever today."

"As you wish."

ROUSs.

"Rodents of unusal size? I don't believe they exist..."

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.

"I mean it."

"Anybody want a peanut?"


LOL!

Jenre said...

Oh dear. I've only read one of these - how sad is that?! Too many books in the world and not enough time to read 'em. Will have to make the effort to read Princess Bride, as that one seems to crop up again and again.

Shaymless Aymless said...

I love the Princess Bride! As you said many many quotables.

"Give us the gate key"
"What Gate Key"
"Fezzik tear his arms off."
"Oh this gate key"

Carolyn Crane said...

Okay, I have not read ANY of these! How great to have these recommendations Anne Bishop sounds esp good. And I love the graphic. Verra fancy.

JenB said...

Great books! I haven't read Warlord, but I really did like Warprize.

I sooo need to read the Black Jewels Trilogy. I have the first book...somewhere.

jessewave said...

Lord of the Rings - definitely up there for me and even though I haven't read this particular Nalini Singh Psy-changeling book I have read other books in the series and really love her writing.

Great choices

KT Grant said...

I am finally going to read TBJ trilogy even though after reading The Invisible Ring, there are some dark, dark subject matter going on.

Shaymless Aymless said...

The Black Jewel Trilogy is really good and IMHO a must read.

Ciara said...

Great picks! I'm sensing an epic fantasy theme here. I've got the black jewels trilogy on my shelf, but haven't read it yet. I know I'm missing out. I bought warlord on this rec a few months ago, not realizing it was the third in a trilogy. oops. Is the Princess Bride the book similar to the movie? Loved the movie, haven't read the book.

Marg said...

This isn't the first time that Black Jewels Trilogy has been mentioned and deservedly so! Also loved the Warlord trilogy!

Shaymless Aymless said...

Ciara: Yes the book is very much like the move. I think you would enjoy it.

Tracy said...

Great, great, great books! I love the BJT, of course the others as well.

Christine said...

Princess Bride is awesome. My daughter's Lit Class is reading it this year--she's in 8th grade. I can't wait!

I love Mine to Possess. Tied with Caressed by Ice for my favorite Nalini Singh novel.

A dear friend of mine gave me Daughter of the Blood as a gift and it is on my nightstand right now!

Great pics, Amy!

Thea said...

"Give us the gate key"
"What Gate Key"
"Fezzik tear his arms off."
"Oh this gate key"


LOL!!!! Ahh, The Princess Bride is made of awesome. Great books...although I think I'm the only person in the universe that really doesn't like Anne Bishop! *ducks*

The Warprize trilogy is awesome too--great picks! And I love the flash book widget thingys you use. Nice touch!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP