Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome Lori Brighton

Hey Everyone let's give a warm welcome to up and coming new author Lori Brighton!!!! (Her book Wild Heart is being released this month by Kensington be sure to check it out!) *the crowd goes wild* Per our usual welcome Lori has agreed to answering some of our favorite questions. So without further ado I present Lori Brighton's All About Me!

Thanks so much for having me here! This is absolutely one of my favorite blogs. You ladies are too fun!

Favorite Reading Position?
In bed or usually in the tub. The bathtub is the only place where I can find a few minutes of peace and quiet.

Favorite Heroine?
I’m usually more interested in the heroes. ;)
But, if I had to pick someone sweet, it would be Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I’ve always adored Anne from Anne of Green Gables for her imagination. Not exactly a book, but I also love Buffy the Vampire slayer! Favorite show EVER!

Author everyone loves but you don’t.
Ohhh, there are plenty of modern writers I just don’t get, but the romance world is a small community and if I mentioned them, I’d probably be ostracized. I will admit that I’d rather watch a Jane Austen movie than read the book. Yes, I’m that lazy. And even though I played Lady Macbeth in my high school play, reading Shakespeare, forget it.

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick?
The teenager in me says the Twilight books. The romantic in me says Pride and Prejudice.

How old is your inside voice?
Aren’t we all teenagers inside?

If you could be a hero who would you be?
Hmm, Harry Potter? Does that count? He can do magic! Although…people are always trying to kill him so that would sort of suck.

What heroine is most like you?
I have to go with one from my own book since I think every author leaves a little of herself in her books. The heroine most like me is Ella from Wild Heart, my debut book. Oh yes, I did just promote my book. ;)

What heroine would you like to be?
Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice. I know, lame, another P&P answer. But in the end she’s married to hot Darcy and rich! Opps, hope I didn’t spoil the ending for anyone… who has been living in a cave for the past 10 years. ;)

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando)?
Hmmm… My practical side says Boxer Briefs. My Romantic side says Kilt. My naughty side says Commando. Yes, I have a naughty side. Okay, not really. Commando could be painful and unhygienic. I’ll go with boxer briefs.
Favorite book set on a tropical island.
Surely I’ve read one at some time, but they do seem to be lacking lately, don’t they? As a child it was Island of the Blue Dolphins. But that’s rather depressing.

What hero would you like to be your significant other?
My significant other is already perfect! Yeah, right.
Any Julie Garwood hero. She was the first romance author I read and I was addicted. Her hero’s are, imo, perfect. Alpha without being asses.

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring?
I could be sweet and say my husband and son. Or I could be practical and say water, food and some kind of communication device. But I have two words for you, Gerard Butler.

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party
I don’t usually drink alcohol as I don’t like the taste, so it would probably be Coke or Pepsi. Although recently my friend and fellow Kensington author Kimberly Killion made me an Amaretto Sour and it was actually good. There’s a long story that involves going to a writers conference which happened to be in a ‘dry county.’ I swear, she abducted and made me drive all over town trying to find liquor store…but I won’t go into detail.

Thank you Lori for coming out to play with us and since we have you for a whole 3 days let's celebrate! Party is in my hut tonight!!!!

For those of you not on the island you can visit Lori Brighton at: http://www.loribrighton.com/ or at her blog at: http://www.loribrighton.blogspot.com/ Don't forget to check out her new release Wild Heart you can purchase Wild Heart at Amazonor Barnes and Nobles

13 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Lori,
Nice interview, I think I would have gone for the kilt myself. I am all for the kilts.

Edie Ramer said...

Gerard Butler on that island works for me, too. This was a fun interview! Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books, too.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

**waving to Ms. Lori** Good morning ladies! Wonderful interview! So glad to see Ms. Lori on the island... And hummm Gerard Bulter.. Love that answer!
No need to enter me in this contest for I already have a book en route to me!! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!!
Hope all is well on the island!

lisabea said...

I'm a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables--Great choice. She was feisty and smart and always in trouble.

My kind of gal.

Congrats!

LB

KT Grant said...

Hey Lori!
Congrats on the release of Wild Heart. I've been hearing great things about it. Also love the cover :)

I ditto about Gerard Butler also. There is just something about him that makes me giddy.

Jamie Lynn said...

Yay! Super excited for your book Lori! I've been waiting for it to come out for what seems like forever (ok maybe a few months)

Hmm Gerard Butler... how about Gerard Butler in a kilt... and nothing else!

Congrats Lori again on the release of Wild Heart!

Lori Brighton said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by! I really appreciate it. Tomorrow I'll have my top 6 books and top 6 heroes, with pics. Even better!

Mari said...

I would bring Gerard Butler too...but he has to bring a kilt!!

Jane said...

Hi Lori,
Congrats on your debut release. I love all of Julie Garwood's heroes, too. Gabriel is one of my favorites.

Mary McCall said...

Hi Lori:Great blog interview! Congrats on book of the week! You go, girl!

Julie said...

Mmm, kilts. I'm a big fan of Julie Garwood's work, especially her earlier historicals. :D And I don't like the taste of alcohol either, so I applaud your drinks of choice. Congrats and have fun at the party. ;)

Jennifer said...

Dearest Lori,

Gerard Butler is mine.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

We have so much in common as far as our taste in books, authors, and heroes.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP