Thursday, November 12, 2009

More Anthea Lawson!

As we continue with the cocktails, let's learn more about the writing team of Anthea Lawson:

Which 3 books you would bring to a Desert Island and why?

Anthea
My huge Complete Works of Shakespeare. I'd finally have time to read all of it! And there's a couple blank pages in the back I could write on or use to start fires.

For practicality, something like The Complete Idiot's Guide to Surviving - and prospering! - on a Desert Island.

For sheer pleasure from my keeper shelf, Julia Quinn's When He Was Wicked. I haven't re-read it for a while, but I love the character growth and the super hot love scenes. Not to mention the excellent writing and the tortured hero - sigh...

Lawson

Can I just bring a kindle and a solar battery charger? It would be so sad to be on a desert island and have all the time in the world to read, and have only three books.

Nope! We need to fill the library! (^_^) And that's cheating!!! Name your books buddy!


Anthea which 3 heroes would you bring and why?

MacGyver, no question! Wouldn't you want him along if you were stuck on a desert island?

Rain from C.L. Wilson's Tairen Soul books (my current glom reads). Master of all elemental magics, who could take me flying over the warm azure waters? Yes please.

And finally, I'd bring my real-life hero Lawson. Together, we can do anything!



Lawson which 3 heroines would you bring and why?
I would make it a family vacation and bring Lily Strathmore, the botanical artist from our first book, PASSIONATE

Caroline Huntington from our second book, ALL HE DESIRES (she knows all about being on an island)

There is no way I could leave behind Clara Becker from the book we are working on now. They are all the kind of women who would seriously object to being left behind. Besides, I know I could count on Lily to bring her Aunt's folding travel bathtub.


Come back tomorrow for even more fun!

6 comments:

Linda Henderson said...

I always enjoy learning about authors. Can't wait to learn more.

SiNn said...

I agree with Linda more to learn the more i love to read

Carolyn Crane said...

Shakespeare? A Kindle? MacGyver? You guys are so funny.

Anthea Lawson said...

@ Carolyn -- what can we say? Aymless brings out our silly side. :D

We'll be stopping by again after another swim and maybe some coconut tree climbing. Any questions for us?

Katie Reus said...

When He Was Wicked is one of my favorite books too. I can read that one over and over :)

Jane said...

Great answers. I think MacGyver would definitely make himself useful on a desert island.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP