Sunday, June 21, 2009

And another one joins the fun!!

Another one joins the ranks as an official DIK lady!! Let's give warm shout out to Jenre!!! Our 2nd newest member! You can checkout her awesome blog http://jenre-wellread.blogspot.com/ for more information on this lovely young lady ;)

And here is the application she sent in!
1. What is the screen name that you want to go by?
Jenre

2. What is your date of birth? (day and month only!)
30th October

3. What are your 5 favorite books?

To Sir Philip With Love - Julia Quinn
I Spy Something Bloody - Josh Lanyon
Collision Course - KA Mitchell
The Secret Pearl - Mary Balogh
The Psycop boks - Jordan Castillo Price

4. Which heroes would you bring to the island and why?
a) Victor Bayne from the Psycop books by JCP. He is a class 5 medium who can see ghosts and exorcise him. He would be a useful asset for helping us when we need to go to the old Indian burial ground.
b) Matthew Hawkwood from the Hawkwood books by James McGee. He's a bow street runner who knows exactly what to do in times of crisis, so would be handy to have around to break up fights between the men and sort out any disputes. He's crack shot with a rifle as well so would be good if the island ever comes under attack.
c) James Bond from the books by Ian Fleming. Had a big crush on him for years. He's cool, suave and knows how to gamble money from others. Will be handy when I get low on funds and I can send him out to win money off the the regency fops in the other cabanas.
d) Wulfric Bedwyn (I'm not sure whether he's been taken already or not). He has a stern, aloof exterior but underneath he's a big softy. Will be able to educate all the others in my cabana on the right way to behave in public and any other rules of etiquette - especially Vic, who's a bit of a slob.
e) Wild Bill from the Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Obsession books by JCP. He's a vampire who was turned in the 80's who has a strong sense of right and wrong even if his morals are a little ambivalent. He's also Bisexual so good for me AND Vic - I don't mind sharing.
5. What is your favourite movie that is based on book?
Don't have a favourite movie, but I love the BBC classic adaptations especially P & P with Colin Firth and Persuasion with Rupert Penry-Jones.

6. Name one fun thing you would bring to the island?
Swingball

7. Why are you interested in coming to the island?
What, you mean other than sun, fun and surf? Great company, sexy men and all the cocktails I can manage brought to me by my own personal harem!

Again if you wish to join in the fun you can go here we are still taking apps. In the mean time all the ladies and menz will be on the beach partying it up with our latest member!

17 comments:

Jenre said...

Oops bit of a typo under Vic's description. He's the one exorcising the ghosts, not the other way around!

Thank you Ladies for accepting me onto your island. I'm honoured. :)

Kati said...

Welcome jenre!

*passes margarita*

Mmm, I love Wulfric Bedwyn! All deep and seethy. Great choice!

What's a swingball? Or should I not ask...

Jenre said...

It's a game where you have a ball on a string attached to a post and then you hit it like tennis.

Here's an example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mookie-761588a-Super-Swingball/dp/B0000A120M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kids&qid=1245601113&sr=1-1

I thought it would be a good way for the menz to work out any aggressive tension when it's not their turn in the hut that night!

Jenre said...

Oops, also meant to say thank you for the drink and the welcome. :)

Renee said...

Welcome, Jenre! Glad you're joining me as a newbie.

I've had my eye on the Psycop series for a while. Looks like I need to pick them up!

Great movie choices. I love that production of Persuasion! Not only is RPJ extremely easy on the eyes, but I love Sally Hawkins' Anne.

Kati said...

Ah, sort of like tetherball with racquets. Got it. I kept thinking it was some sort of sexual contraption. I'm forever demonstrating my ignorance about stuff like this.

:wink:

Sarai said...

Welcome Jenre!!! I was with Kati there for a second gald we cleared up what it was LOL

Jenre said...

Hi Renee
As newbies we'll have to stick together until we learn the ropes (or is that all the cocktail recipes?).

Oh, you must read the Psycop series. They are such excellent books. I shall be saying more about them on one of my posting days :).

RPJ makes me swoon. I also loved Sally Hawkins in that adaptation. She had just the right amount of dry self-effacing wit for the part.

Jenre said...

Sarai: It does sound a bit like something that facilitates a swinger's party, doesn't it? Nothing as interesting as that, I'm afraid.

It can be quite exciting watching the men work up a sweat whilst playing it ;).

Lea said...

Welcome to DIK Jenre!

Best
L

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey Jenre! Wonderful to have you! Hope you brought sunglasses and anti-werewolf spray.

Tam said...

Awww, almost a Halloween baby. I wish I was a Halloween baby. Sorry, off topic.

Umm, why are you going to an Indian Burial ground? I'd have my ass parked permanently at the beach with those guys serving me drinks. Naked. Mmmmmm. Damn, back to reality.

Enjoy your stay on the island.

Jenre said...

Lea: Welcome to you too!

CJ: Can I ask, is little CJ also a permanent resident here or does she just come for visits? I just need to know when to lock up the cabana and head for higher ground.

Um, I'm not sure I need anti-werewolf spray as I've got Wild Bill to protect me.

Jenre said...

Tam: Laying about on the beach all day can get a tedious after a while, so occasionally it's necessary to take a day (or night) trip. The Indian burial ground is a good a place as any to go sightseeing!

Ahem, keep your mind off my naked guys, if you don't mind ;)!

jessewave said...

Jen
Congratulations and welcome. Sorry I'm late for the party and missed the margaritas but my glass is hoisted in your honour.

Now I'll see you in even more places.:)

jessewave said...

Lea

Welcome. I love the swimsuit -- we all want to borrow it.:)

Tracy said...

Anyone who chooses I Spy Something Bloody as one of their books is A-Ok. (even though I knew you were fab before that). :) Welcome Jenre!

Kati - don't feel bad - I had no idea what swingball was either!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP