Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Excitement!!!

Well, for me anyway. :)

One of the best parts about moving to the Midwest is the fact that I'm closer to major cities. In my head, that automatically meant conferences! lol Of course, this shows how my brain works, but it was a positive thought, which is what matters most.

I was on Nalini Singh's site a week or so ago & saw that she's coming to the States. My first thought was YAY! My second was "Where at?" Turns out, she's going to the Lori Foster Get Together in West Chester, Ohio next month. I Googled it and found that West Chester is about a 4 1/2 hour drive. It's cheap and it's over a weekend. So...I was a bad girl and signed up to go. Whee!

Now, I'm a complete & total newbie when it comes to conventions and such. I've never been to anything like it, so I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I'm nervous and excited. There are a couple of authors that are going to be there that I cannot wait to meet. Nalini is #1, but Shiloh Walker and Dana Marie Bell are going to be there! Whee! I'm a huge fan of Dana's books and can't wait to tell her that face-to-face.

So, here's my question, conundrum, etc. How am I supposed to act at one of these things? Am I allowed to go up to an author and talk to her? Most people won't believe this, but I'm actually quite shy & sometimes have a hard time putting myself out there. I hope I don't do something stupid, like give Nalini a big bear hug and scare her half to death! Ha!

Are there any experienced conference goers who can give me any pointers? Your help would definitely be appreciated! :)

3 comments:

lisabea said...

First--YAY B! So glad you're going to attend. Wish I could be there too.

You should say hello to everyone! Make friends, re-introduce yourself, and by all means, tell them you love their work. At least, that's what I do. *g* Calm is good. But you're there to meet and greet and chat books.

Just do it~and have fun!

LB

Kati said...

Yay! I'll be there too. This event is TOTALLY reader oriented. The authors are spread around at rounds of 10 all over a big room, and you just...sit down, and start chatting. It's very, very informal, and a ton of fun. You're gonna love it! I'll be there w/a couple of other blogging buddies, and the gorgeous Stacy will be there, so we'll have tons of fun. I promise!

Oh, and we can stalk Nalini together too! I'm quite sure that my squee when I meet her is going to be off the charts! :oP

Mandi said...

I'll be there too! And this will be my first time at Lori's. Can't wait to meet you!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP