Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome Our New DIK Team Member: Stephanie

Please welcome Stephanie to the Island!

1. What is the screen name that you want to go by?
Stephanie

2. What is your date of birth? (day and month only!)
August 22

3. What are your 5 favorite books? (these won't necessarily be the books you'll bring to the island with you)
*Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
*The Hottest State by Ethan Hawke
*Something Blue by Emily Giffin
*Carnal Reunions (okay, that's like seven different stories...)
*Here Comes Trouble by Donna Kauffman

4. Which heroes would you bring to the island and why? (these won't necessarily be the heroes you'll bring to the island with you)
*Probably one of the bad boys from S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders (my first character crush was on Sodapop Curtis -- then it was Harry Potter)
*the Phantom of the Opera
*heck, just anyone else Gerry Butler will portray. Why? Respectively: because I have this delinquent-type fetish --er, attraction; the Phantom is the most distressed, romantic, yet sinfully sexy character I've ever read of; and well...need I explain Gerard Butler?

5. What is your favorite movie that is based on book?
Realistically -- Willy Wonka (the original version)
If I'm feeling girly -- Bridget Jones's Diary

6. Name one fun thing you would bring to the island?
A Slip n' Slide! ...that flows chocolate.

7. Why are you interested in coming to the island?
I am huge on all things books and romance, and the blog seems to be too, so I took a look at it, then myself, and said, "Hey, we're a pretty good match!" I love to write and share my honest opinions on books, even if not for review. Just love debating random things (like, who's the hotter actor?) and making fantasy lists. Half of my life is fueled by things I imagine happening in my head, and the other half is the boring stuff that actually occurs in real life ;) I'm also a student who can't afford the time to go off to an actual island -- a virtual one would just be lovely for me :)


You can visit Stephanie at her blog: The Stephanie Loves

9 comments:

The Romance Girl said...

Yay and welcome!

Agreed- Gerald Butler needs no explaination :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the island Stephanie!!

:o)

MsM

Mandi said...

Mmmm...Gerard ;) Hi!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Awesome slip and slide idea! Welcome!

Tracy said...

Welcome Stephanie - glad to have you!!

DIK Ladies said...

Welcome to the Island Stephanie!

Looking forward to your posts.. :-))

Kris said...

The original Willy Wonka is my fave too. I love it.

Welcome Stephanie!

Renee said...

Welcome, Stephanie!

Love Willie Wonka, and the slip n slide sounds like fun. :-)

Karielle Stephanie said...

You are all so nice:) Glad to be here!

Stephanie

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP