Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome Guest Author Larissa Ione

It is my great pleasure to be able to introduce our latest guest author, Larissa Ione. ::round of applause, raising of drinks:: I did a happy little fangirl dance around my apartment when she agreed to stop by the island for a visit. Why is that? Well, she snagged a spot on many of our "Best of 2008" lists. Her latest release, Desire Unchained, was among my most anticipated releases of 2009. I envy her mad writing skillz and covet her heroes. The creator of the dark paranormal romance Demonica series, Larissa has built a world that is vivid and rich with possibilities. Most days she can be found at her own blog or at Writeminded, but for the next three days she is all mine ours! Now, without further ado, I pass the mic to Ms. Ione!



Favorite Reading Position: Sitting on the couch with feet up on the ottoman!


Best love song: I actually hate to say it, but...Everything I Do, by Bryan Adams. It’s the most over-played wedding songs in the history of wedding songs, but I still love it.



If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick: Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time world. OMG, I love it. Love. It. Let me just make that clear...I LOVE IT.

Author everyone loves but you don't: Clive Cussler. I love the stories, but something about his style just doesn’t work for me.

How old is your inside voice: 25.

Favorite sex song: Big Balls. What? Does everyone say that? Okay, okay... actually, I can’t think of anything. I’m not a real big music person.

What heroine would you like to be: Riley Jenson from Keri Arthur’s urban fantasy series. She’s so kick-ass and uninhibited.

If you could be a hero who would you be: Hmm...that’s a tough one, but I’d probably have to go with Joe Mackenzie, from Mackenzie’s Mission, by Linda Howard, because he’s a pilot (hot!) and he’s not too messed up.

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando): I say you add commando too!!!! But let’s go with boxer briefs for now.



What heroine is most like you: I’d have to go with Kira from Unleashing The Storm. She’s an animal lover to the extreme, just like I am.

What hero is most like your significant other: I’d have to go with Eidolon, from Pleasure Unbound. He’s very intelligent, cool, calm, and collected, and when he gets angry, it’s a glacial, scary kind of angry.

What hero would you like to be your significant other: If I wasn’t married...hmmm...I’m going to jump back up to Joe Mackenzie. OMG, I love flight suits...

Favorite book set on a tropical island: Um...Treasure Island?

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring: Books, my husband (cuz he’s survival guy,) and migraine meds.

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party: Chocolate martinis, baby! Yum!!!

23 comments:

Lea said...

Larissa!

*waving* How great to see you at DIK!

I'm starting Desire Unchained today (on my lunch break - lol) and will be immersed in Demonica demons I hope for days to come - WOOT!!

Great interview and your choice of migraine meds of the three things to take to a desert island - I'm right there with you - perfect choice. I'd take along my Demonica books - lol.

((Hugs))
L

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Great post Larissa! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

*waving*

Just wanted to come over and say hi. I found out some very interesting things about you.

KT Grant said...

I had a bad night a few years ago with too many chocolate martinis. Yum!

Sarai said...

Welcome Larissa!!! I just had the pleasure of digging into Pleasure Unbound and you'll be pleased to know that I've already ordered my copies of the next 2 books in the series!!!

It is a wonderful book and I can't wait to read the next books!

Oh and welcome to da island!

Larissa Ione said...

Whaa...Blogger at my long-ass comment!!!

Grr. Okay, the gist was: *waving madly back at Lea and Greta* Hoping Lea enjoys lunch with Shade! Saying hi to Jessica, and telling Katiebabs that I can't think of anything worse than a bad day with chocolate martinis!

LOL--I think that covers it.

Thanks again, DIK ladies, for having me!!!!

Larissa Ione said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larissa Ione said...

Grr!!! I left a comment for Sarai, but it was all garbled when I saw it. So I deleted and will try again.

The gist: Sarai--thank you!!!! I hope you enjoy the next two!

Larissa, who is about to write a mean letter to Blogger! *g*

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey Larissa! Fabulous answers. How convenient it will be to have a survival guy!! Thanks for stopping by. I have your DU. I can't wait to read it!

Shannon said...

Larissa, Thanks for coming to the island! I may need to steal one of those migraine pills if we indulge in too many chocolate martinis. Instead I will indulge in Shade this afternoon. That's even better than the beverage!

Tracy said...

Welcome to our little slice of heaven out here in the middle of nowhere...where the men are hot and the drinks are plentiful. :)

I love your Demonica series. I was FINALLY able to get to the bookstore yesterday and bought DU and cannot wait to read it.

I'm glad I'm the only one with a thing for pilots. What is it about them? IDK but I like it. :)

Kim said...

Hi Larissa! So glad you are here!

I loved Pleasure Unbound and can't wait to read Desire Unchained. I am going to have to order it because the super pale lazy-eyed Daisy Mae with the septum piercing at my book store said her computer says they can't release it until March 31st. She was resistant to my crying. Soooo mean!

Great answers!
Cheers!

Christine said...

Hi Larissa!
Welcome to the island!

(Although, frankly, it's been so long since I've been here, I feel like a visitor myself! :( )

You guys are going to love Shade. He's lived a long time with his curse and has always struggled with having to act one way despite the pulls of his Umber nature in the opposite direction. *sigh* Poor demon.

Ahhh... to be Riley Jenson for a day. Or two. Or three. I don't think I could survive more than that, though. LOL!

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to The Island! That chocolate martini looks delicious!!! Yum :)

Karin said...

Great little interview, Larissa! Some interesting things in your answers. lol

Larissa Ione said...

Carolyn! Hope you like DU! It's kinda dark, but hey, it takes place in a dungeon and a cave! LOL

*hands Shannon migraine meds* Hope it helps! If not, I hear sex is good for headaches, and Shade would be happy to help out, I'm sure! *g*

Tracy, thanks for picking it up! And yum...pilots. Sigh. I used to get to give them weather briefs when I was in the AF, and I swear, I'd be wiping drool while talking about thunderstorms!

Grr...Kim...I think your pierced septum chick got it wrong! She was looking at Passion Unleashed instead of Desire Unchained. DU released a few days ago, but PU isn't out until March 31. I'm thinking the piercing went into her brain a little!

Larissa Ione said...

Hi Christine!!! Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you about Riley! I'd be worn out after a day! LOL

Thanks, Katie! I'm totally digging the martinis!

Karin, thank you! Good seeing you! :)

Shaymless Aymless said...

Hi Larissa!

Ours is magic island. No migraines here (otherwise I'd be at your hut all the time)!

Chocolate Martini! Yum

jessewave said...

Hi Larissa
Great to have you on the DIK. I just picked up your book Pleasure Unbound and am looking forward to reading it because I have heard such great things about it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Larissa! Always good to see you at different Blogs, love learning more about you. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Larissa Ione said...

Aymless, I'm happy to hear about the migraine magic! NICE!!!

Jessewave, yay! *g* Hope you love it! And thank you!

Aw, Kristin, you're awesome too! Thanks for visiting! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, everyone---I am totally doing this because I LOVE Larissa's book (and want more contest)Pleasure Unbound was Fantastic, Desire Unchained was Phenominal and I am totally totally totally looking forward to Passion Unleashed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Larissa!

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Pleasure Unbound #1 totally knocked my socks off! I read 250 books a year ... and it was in my Top 3 of 2008 reads, #1 fav in the paranormal genre - hands down!

I traded it away, as I rarely reread ... but I bought it again, as I just had to revisit Demonica before #2 Desire Unchained arrives :-)

Thanks for the delicious reads ... it's been several years since I've so anticipated the next book in a series ... and #3 Demonica is first on my Buy List for April!

Congrats on your success ... and keep writing, please!!

Ladiibbug

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP