Thursday, March 5, 2009

About Me - Claire Thompson - DIK Day 1


I would like to introduce Claire Thompson who will be blogging with the DIK ladies for the next 3 days:

Claire has been writing erotic romance since 1996. Her books have won numerous awards and a few have even been published in German and Japanese! With over forty novels under her belt, she has no intention of stopping—ever! A passion for the romance of D/s and BDSM has evolved into a fascination for the intensity of the m/m experience, both BDSM and vanilla. Claire lives and works in Orange County, New York. Visit her website (http://www.clairethompson.net/) for a full listing of all her work, including blurbs, excerpts and reviews. You can also listen to Claire read from two of her novels (Golden Boy and Accidental Slave). Drop her an email to be added to her mailing list – periodic newsletters will keep you posted on newest releases, fun contests and what’s in the pipeline.


**************

Thanks for the chance to guest blog on DIK! How cool is this? I am honored for the opportunity and hope we have fun! Thanks for the little ice breaker questionnaire for me to get started, since I’m new to blogging.

Favorite Reading Position - Lying in bed, a snifter of brandy in my hand, wearing my favourite soft cotton pink nightie

Best love song – Head Over Feet by Alanis Morrisette, or wait, Halleluyah by Leonard Cohen, or no, how ‘bout Bowl of Oranges by Bright Eyes.

Favorite Heroine – Since I don’t read other erotic romance authors much (to keep my voice fresh and original), I’ll draw from my own books. I’d have to say Laurel, in Dare to Dominate. She’s a sassy, smart, confident submissive who knows what she wants and goes after it. Sensually submissive to right guy, if only she can find him.

Author everyone loves but you don’t – Dan Brown. Hugely overrated, unoriginal, doesn’t create believable characters. Story line bored me to death.

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick – Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein. I would be an elf or a wizard. Not a hobbit.

How old is your inside voice – thirty-four. I have no idea why I said that. I don’t know how old a voice feels.

Favorite sex song – I Want You by the Beatles. I love the passion and the yearning they pour into that song.

If you could be a hero who would you be – Again, immodestly drawing from my own books, I would be Nathan in Switch. He’s an artist, dreamy, romantic, truly modest, sexy as hell and also an amazing Dom who understands the nuance and power of erotic submission. I especially like him because he’s not taken with himself. He’s quietly confident but in an understated way. And of course, he’s drop dead gorgeous.

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando) Bikini briefs IF the guy is trim. Though boxers can be cute too. And hey, nothing wrong with commando!

Favorite book set on a tropical island – Island of Temptation by Claire Thompson (couldn’t resist) or wait, The Perfect Cover! God, I’m shameless.

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring – an ebook reader with 10,000 books on it, a year’s supply of fresh water, a private plane so I could leave when I was ready. Oh, and once I got there, I would find this incredibly handsome, sexy guy who couldn’t get enough of making love to me.

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party – Pina colada

8 comments:

jessewave said...

Hi Claire

Welcome to the DIK. I hope you have a great time over the next 3 days with the ladies. Looking forward to having some pina colada with you.

Lea said...

Good Morning Claire:

Looking forward to reading more about your books and interests over the next couple of days.

I liked your answer to what you would bring if you were stranded on a desert island! An e-reader - perfect!! lol

All the best to you.:)

Sarai said...

HELLO! And welcome to da island! Not a hobbit huh? I wouldn't be either their feet freak me out! Great answers

JenB said...

Mmmm...pina coladas...

And hey, shameless or not, The Perfect Cover is a great book! One of the first m/m e-books I ever bought from EC. :)

Tracy said...

Hi Claire and welcome! Glad to have you.

Ya know, I wouldn't be a hobbit either...have you SEEN their huge, hairy feet? Much better to be elfin (oooh and then I could have Aragorn, perfect!)

Pina Coladas are fab. When I was on my honeymoon a million years ago the Caribbean resort we went to had the pina coladas in a Slushy type machine so you could just pull the lever and get them whenever you wanted. I think I need to go back there! lol

Claire Thompson said...

Hey thanks for the comments! This blogging stuff is new to me. It's fun!
Claire

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey, great answers, and thanks for stopping by! I chose DAN BROWN too! A DNF.

N.J.Walters said...

Another Cohen fan. I love his music. Smart move on the desert island. You can't go wrong with an e-book reader loaded with books.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP