Monday, March 23, 2009

anne cain - about me - dik day 1

Hi Everyone Please welcome guest blogger, artist extraordinaire and author Anne Cain who is well known to all of you. Over the next 3 days Anne will be blogging about her books, what she'll bring to the island and she's also going to give you a peek into her next book "Getaway." Wave

Anne Cain is a writer and artist by day, kung-fu-fighting-and-cookie-eating-secret-agent by night! Though her super powers are best put to use karate-chopping her way through several sinfully delicious Milano cookies, she has also been known to create stories and artwork of a romantic, manlove nature which she enjoys sharing with her dear readers.
For the past several years, Anne has been working in one form of the publishing industry or another.

She currently freelances as an artist and designer, and she has worked with many wonderful personal clients and companies throughout the world, including Loose Id, Sourcebooks, and Samhain Publishing. Her artwork features a combination of many different media such as pencils/inks, photography and digital illustration—whatever she thinks will help bring the image alive, especially if she’s working on a book cover.
On the writing front, Anne has a passion for gay romance and yaoi in a broad range of genres. Her stories have been featured in anthologies from Alyson Books, and her “Pawprints” series is currently available at Loose Id along with several other yaoi-ish books co-written with the talented and most-awesome Barbara Sheridan. She has several writing projects in the works for 2009, one of which will be the next installment in the Pawprints series. (Bray and Alex need must have their story told, dammit!)

Anne will be attending the national RWA conference in DC this year. She hopes to meet some of the readers who’ve been so supportive of her written and artistic works. If anyone is interested in learning more about her illustrations and designs, please head on over to her Deviant Art gallery:
http://annecain.deviantart.com/She also loves to make new friends on LiveJournal: http://annecain.livejournal.com/m

Favorite Reading Position: Curled up on the couch, with a mug of chai in one hand, a good book in the other, and a warm kitty on my lap (Penny is way too big a puppy to be a lap-warmer!)

Best love song: My current fave is "No Air", Jordin Sparks/Cris Brown (NO LAUGHING!)

Favorite Heroine: Xena, Warrior Princess (rarrrrrrrrr!)

Author everyone loves but you don’t
: JK Rowling

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick: the Women of the Otherworld series

How old is your inside voice: usually 25 or so, but some days it feels like 60...XD

Favorite sex song: this one is kind of hard (pun intended). I have a special fondness for 80s music, and "Some Like It Hot" by Power Station/Robert Palmer is still very sexy to me

If you could be a hero who would you be: Pendergast, from the Preston & Child books

What heroine is most like you: I think Elena from "Bitten" is a heroine I can relate to fairly well

What heroine would you like to be: Xena, of course!

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando): COMMANDO!

Favorite book set on a tropical island: Treasure Island (me likes the classics)

What hero is most like your significant other: the Invisible Man *wink*

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring: my laptop, a really BIG sketchbook with lots of paper, and a pocket knife. I could survive for years in the wilderness with those three things *wink*

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party: frozen margaritas--YUM!

9 comments:

jessewave said...

Hi Anne
Welcome to the DIK blog. Looking forward to chatting with you over the next 3 days.

Wave

Anne Cain said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Wave! I can't wait to have fun with everyone here. :DDD

Tracy said...

Hi Anne! Thanks for coming to play on the island.

I love your answers - Xena, she rocks. And of course Elena from the Otherworld series does too.

Is it too early to have a margarita?

Renee said...

Yes, the Otherworld would be a great place to be. I'm just finishing Men of the Otherworld, and I wouldn't mind spending some more time with Clay and Jeremy! :-)

Prendergast is a fascinating character. I love his quirkiness.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your books during your DIK visit. Have a nice stay on the island!

Marianne said...

Hi Anne! Love your answers to the questions. You are right, 80s music is truly in a class of it's own(I know that really dates me!) Can't wait to see the sneak peek of "Getaway!"

LesleyW said...

Hi Anne,

Yay! on Xena being your favourite heroine. :)

LesleyW - big Xena fan. :)

Anne Cain said...

@Tracy &LesleyW - you gals rock *high fives*! Xena was such a great character, and I loved how she could kick ass and make bad guys run for cover, but she also has a kind of sassy sense of humor too. :D Way back in the day, I made myself a Xena costume for Halloween and I'm kind of getting the yen to dig out my chakram for this year's party. ;)

@Renee - Men of the Otherworld is great! Have you seen the original graphic novel Kelly Armstrong has on her site, "Becoming"? Love it! And I almost came this close to helping Xaviere Daumarie with the colors on that project, but it just didn't come together. Shucks!

@Mary - Hi Mary! I hope you like the "Getaway" teaser...and it's really quite a tease. I'm so awful!!! XD

Renee said...

Very cool! I saw the original pages that were up a while back, and I've heard that more have gone up recently, but haven't had a chance to check them out. (But thanks for reminding me!) What I've seen so far is great, tho'.

Sarai said...

Hey Anne WELCOME to De Island full of hawt nakkid menz and drinks! We're glad you came to visit!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP