Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Larissa Picks Her DIKs

Hi Ladies! Thank you so much for having me! VERY cool to be here on the island with you. I’ve got my suntan lotion on, my sunglasses ready, and the pina colada in my hand.

I also brought six DIK books, so I’m settling in for a good read!
So, let’s see what’s in my beach bag…

#1 DIK book: Mackenzie’s Mission, by Linda Howard. This was the first contemporary romance I ever read, and it will always have a special place in my heart. I LOVE military heroes, pilots especially. There’s just something SO hot about a tall, good-looking man in a flight suit. I used to work in an Air Force weather station, and I got to brief flight crews on flight weather…and mmm…they’d be standing there, all hot and suited up, and my mind would wander and I’d wonder what they were wearing under the suit…ahem. Sorry, I got a little off topic, there. Anyway, yes, Mackenzie’s Mission. Joe Mackenzie = drool-worthy.
Do we have a cabana boy? Because I could use a refill on my drink.
#2 DIK book: Baby Be Mine, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I adore this book. What’s weird is that I shouldn’t. The premise is something that normally would have me not even picking it up, but I swear, SEP can write about anything and make it wonderful. She makes me insanely jealous.
Yo! Cabana boy!
#3 DIK book: Acheron, by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I swear, I just cannot let Acheron go. He’s incredible. I’ve read the first 2/3rds of the book about a million times now. I’ve only read the last 1/3rd once. I just don’t want to read about his heroine because he’s mine. MINE! (I realize I sound slightly psycho.)
I’m going to have to make my own pina colada refill, aren’t I?
#4 DIK book: House of Dark Delights, by Louisa Burton. Okay, it’s not a romance, but dang…I love that book. Dark erotica with demons. Does it get any better? (And there we go with the psycho again.)
Please ignore the cracking of coconuts for my drink.
#5 DIK book: Here Be Dragons, by Sharon Kay Penman. Again, not technically a romance…but it is. The hero, Prince Llewelyn, has to marry King John’s illegitimate daughter, Joanna, and the story of how they fall in love, fall apart, and fall again, is just heartbreaking and beautiful. Makes me wish I could go back in time to see how accurate the author’s vision was.
*mixes rum into the coconut milk
#6 DIK book: The Maiden Bride, by Deborah Simmons. Actually, I could have picked about three of the deBurgh books by her. I LOVE these books. Medieval romance at its best!
Thanks so much for listening to me ramble and drink! Today has been fun!

11 comments:

Katie Reus said...

How is it possible I'm the first commenter..I'm apparently up way too early...Great picks! I don't think anyone's picked Acheron yet and it's an amazing choice!! Don't worry, I won't fight you for him cuz I'd probably lose...I might want to borrow Joe Mackenzie though ;)

Lea said...

Awesome book choices Larissa! I'm going to add a couple of them to my list. And, Acheron, *sigh* I'm right there with you.

I love the eye candy pictures.

Hey, what is that handsome David Boreanaz doing with his left hand while soaking in the tub? hmmmmmm...

Wonderful post Larissa!

Larissa Ione said...

LOL, Katie! So. Yum.

Lea...aren't the eye candy pics awesome! Those are my most wanted guys ever. Want them. All of them. Now.

No, I'm not greedy at all!

Sarai said...

Guess I'm going to have to add some more books to the TBB pile! Great picks acheron is very nice I am trying to catch up with the series so I can read his Freakin book! LOL

Tracy said...

I LOVE Acheron and although I haven't re-read his book he holds a special place in my heart. Love him.

I've not read any of your other books but Mackenzie's Mission sounds fab.

Larissa Ione said...

Sarai...I kind of gave up trying to catch up with the series - I'm totally lost! LOL I just read as I find the books and call it good. I don't know how Kenyon keeps track of all those characters. It's impressive!

Tracy, I highly recommend any of the Mackenzie books. The first is Mackenzie's Mountain. Yum!

Shannon said...

Lots of books to add to my TBR list. I keep hearing good things about that Acheron guy ;) I'm not sure if I can commit to the full series to get to his book, but my series OCD would throw a hissy fit if I just skip ahead to him. hmmm.

Isn't David lovely. I am doing a rewatch of Buffy and am just at the beginning of season 3. I may have to jump to a rewatch of Angel once I get to the point where he leaves Sunnydale. Oh! Please tell me you watch Bones. David gets to be his normal goofy self on the show. ::sigh::

Samantha Kane said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of David Boreanaz. Not that I surf the net looking for pictures of him like a crazed stalker fan, or anything. Much. Really!

I have got to read Acheron. It has been on my TBR pile (well, mental pile, because I haven't actually purchased it yet) forever. I think I'm hesitating because I love Ash so much and I can't picture him with anyone. Unfortunately I've heard very little about his heroine, which does not bode well.

Great picks!

Larissa Ione said...

Shannon, as long as you read the first couple of Dark-Hunter books, I think you can skip to Acheron after that. I didn't read the series in order, and have skipped several of the books. I still haven't read the very first one. Really, you can read just a few to get a good taste of Acheron and then go to his book, which is just awesome!

And yes, I watch Bones!!! But watching it makes me jones for an Angel movie, because dammit, that series ended BADLY. :(

Samantha, that is EXACTLY why I held off reading Acheron. I love him so much (crazed stalker) that I just couldn't see him with anyone. The first 2/3rds of the book is un-put-downable. I sort of skimmed the last 1/3rd, which is the romance. I got a sense of who the heroine was, don't like her, but now I know how he gets away from Artemis, and there's a nice setup for Nick.

So I say get it, drown in the first 2/3rds...and force yourself through the romance part. Bleh. He's MINE. That heroine woman can't have him! LOL

Anonymous said...

OOh - you can't go wrong with Linda Howard's Mackenzie books or any of her books written around then - Kell Sabin ((swoon))

Love the piccies especially the last one of Oded Fehr *scrummy*

Carolyn Crane said...

What a great list. Really interesting, and I have read ZERO of your books. But they sound wonderful.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP