Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guest:Jet Mykles

Welcome back!
Today is day two of the



Desert Island Keeper
M/M Romance Author
Festivus Extravagandus!



And our special guest is artist and Eppie Award winning author, Jet Mykles. A-hippin and a-holler-'n because Jet writes some very scorching, fun, sweet m/m books, most notably the Heaven Sent series (rock stars!). She recently released book 5 in her well loved Dark Elves series (licorice elves...they are delicious) Discovery. But my favorite story of hers is a little shorty piece from the Ties That Bind anthology (5 burning banana rating for that one).

Anyway, I was able to grab Jet for a couple quick emails upon her triumphant return from Yaoi Con in SF. No. I am not bitter that I didn't get to go. (much)

Without further ado...Welcome Jet to the island!


The Mens~

Luc from Heaven Sent

Radin from Dark Elves

Bruce Wayne/Batman

Jack from my new Unicorn story (not yet released from AMP)

Nathaniel from Anita Blake series. Broken, but growing stronger. and the HAIR! <>

The Questions~


Favorite Reading Position
Tucked into the corner of the couch

Best love song
Geez, I don't know. Heaven Sent aside, music isn't much my thing. Um... All I Ask Of You from Phantom of the Opera?

Favorite Heroine
Anita Blake. Despite problems with some of the story lines, she still kicks ass

Author everyone loves but you don't
Oh no. won't answer that one. Nothing but trouble. Anyone who's gotten published deserves kudos.

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick
Anita Blake's. Merry Gentry. Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar. oh yeah, the last one would rock!

How old is your inside voice
somewhere between 16 and 21

Favorite sex song
Music again. How about Prince's Darlin' Nikki?

If you could be a hero who would you be
One of the X-men. Or did you mean a romance novel hero?

What heroine is most like you
Of my own? Jen from One For The Team is a lot like me. So's Meg from Leashed.

What heroine would you like to be
I'd love to be Meg, complete with the yummy shifters. I'd say Anita Blake but I'm not sure I want to be in all that danger. Merry Gentry would be cool.

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando)
Boxers

Favorite book set on a tropical island
O_O um... can't think of any. Oh wait, how about The Big Kahuna by Ciar Cullen.

What hero is most like your significant other
Huh. He's sorta like Ken from One For The Team. There are aspects of him in Radin, Luc and Johnnie. Those are all my characters. I'm not coming up with any from other stories that he's like.

What hero would you like to be your significant other
Luc Sloane, complete with homosexual tendencies :D

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring
Solar generator, laptop...

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party
White Russians for me

MY FAVORITE HERO?
Vanyel from Mercedes Lackey Valdemar series.

THE BOOKS~

(aka Desert Island Keepers)

Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

Last Herald Mage (can I have the whole trilogy?) by Mercedes Lackey

Dragon Prince (again, can I have the trilogy?) by Melanie Rawn

Fallen Star by Morgan Hawke (wink wink. nudge nudge)

Dune by Frank Herbert


Thanks Jet for stopping by the Island. I've asked Sven the fur boot wearing Nordic bartender to whip you up a white russian. Pull up a hammock, kick back, and enjoy the view!

18 comments:

Katie Reus said...

I'm sorry, I missed most of the interview, I was drooling over that first picture. Gawd I love a hot surfer boy!! Okay, I love that you picked White Russian as your drink. Everytime I see that I think of The Big Lebowski!

JenB said...

Any time I see Jet's name it makes me want to go read Tech Support again...for the millionth time.

Tracy said...

Katie you are so right, that picture kiscks ass!

Hi Jet! Welcome!

I have to say that I've only read 1 of your books, Tech Support, but absolutely loved it. I've heard great things about Heaven Sent but haven't quite gotten around to reading them yet. I will though!!! :)

Batman - he's a popular guy on the island you may have to stand in line!

Love White Russians - yummy.

jetmykles said...

Kate, I'm TOTALLY with you on the rocker dude. I have GOT to figure out where to put him in a book just so I can have someone lick those sexy ass bones at the sides of his hips! (yes, imho, one of the sexiest parts of a man's body but only if he's defined **lick**)

JenB, mwah! :D

lisabea, LOL! You rock! Not only did you get my drink right (did someone tell you) and provide some LUSCIOUS guitar eye-candy **stares some more** I adore the choking chicken boxers!! I want a pair

Tracy, I'm honored you read ANY of my books. Thanks! As for the others, well, I personally think of Snagged and Tech Support as the practice I did to work up to Heaven Sent. I'm very proud of my rocker boys. If you do read them, I hope you like them :D

DIK Ladies said...

I adore those boxers too and am considering getting G a pair. OMG. I was actually looking for a twink in boxers (just pour vous) and I saw those and thought: JET!

~lisabea

Kim said...

Hi Jet!

I am going to give a shout out of love for Tech Support too!

Oh. ok. Thats a chicken! When I first saw the boxers (without my glasses on) I thought it was just a fist punch to the ballsack with some fire coming out of the crotch.

The chicken is much funnier than a busted nutsack. heh.

Sarah said...

Jet, I adore your books and think Meg has to be one of my fav's too! Cannot wait to read more :)

Darling Nikki, gosh that brings back memories! My friend and I used to sign all the lyrics (we thought Prince was sew HAWT!) I see the Foo Fighters have done a remake of it at some stage. Think the Prince one is kinda cooler. :) hehe.

jetmykles said...

Thanks Kim. Tech Support was one of those pleasant surprise stories for me. Believe it or not, it began as a het story. I like Aaron better as a boy though :)

Thanks, Sarah. I'm not done with Meg yet. Got to figure out the details of L4 but it's coming up relatively soon. And I love Darlin' Nikki. I kind of wish it was a longer song LOL

Shaymless Aymless said...

Love the book pics. Totally forgot about Rawn's Dragon Prince series... must now go re-read it.

LOL on the chicken shorts!

Anonymous said...

uuuurve Melanie Rawn's 'Dragon Prince' series. Hmmmmm, Rohan...or Maarken, even Andry or Pol. Heh! I am so glad to see I am not alone in my love for all things Melanie Rawn!

And Prince's 'Darlin Nikki' Top naughty tune. Although I still think Paula Cole's 'Feelin' Love' tops the bill. I used to be so in lust with Prince when I was a young thing. *sigh*

Loved 'Tech Support' and 'Snagged'. And I am planning on getting 'Heaven' series as EVERYONE always waxes lyrical about it!

jessewave said...

Jet
Welcome to the Island.

Loved the surfer guy. Your books are a dream - I've read them all except for the last couple in the Dark Elves series and I'm looking forward to L4, another adventure with Meg and her two leashed shifters.

Vampire Lestat and Dune are two of my all time favourites and Prince is still a hot dude.

Sarah said...

Woot, that is so cool to hear about Leashed 4. Cannot wait!

God, that was SING all the lyrics. I am such a terrible editor.

Love the new banner on your site it is gorgeous!

lisabea said...

I love that new banner too. I wanted to post it...but..er...

jetmykles said...

I LOVE Melanie Rawn. That entire Dragon Prince series is just fantastic. When I write my fantasy epic, I want it to be along those lines. I wish she'd finish Exiles **grrr**

Darlin' Nikki is one of those songs that's just part of me. I used to love it, I still love it. I like Prince but the 1999/Purple Rain era stuff is just built into my psyche LOL

Thanks guys! I'm so glad ya'll like my boys :D

Anonymous said...

Jet- I want you to write your fantasy epic! As much as I want Melanie Rawn to finish 'Exiles'. And it's A LOT. Get to it! *g*

jetmykles said...

Awww, thank you! I want to write the epic too. I had it written about 10 yrs ago, believe it or not, but a reread a year or so ago proved to me why it wasn't accepted by the publisher then LOL Premise is sound, but it needs some major technical overhaul.

I'm trying to figure out how to get back at it this next year **crosses fingers**

Sarai said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
OMG I missed my author the only one I have ever stalked....
I mean *cough* followed. HOW COULD I?

Well shit now i must go back and read the interview. *hangs head in shame*

jetmykles said...

*hug sarai** it's okay, I see you.
Thanks for dropping by

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP