Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Katie!!!!

Let's give a warm DIK welcome to KATIE REUS!!!! Yeah (and the crowd goes wild)

So I sat down with Katie and discussed the most important questions in life like What's your favorite icecream? and Mexican or Cuban? who's hotter Hugh Jackman or Johnny Depp? (Okay that last one is just my personal question and I'm curious so Katie if you have an answer let me know! K?) Look Katie I even did my personal thoughts in your favorite color!!!
Okay so here we go, no further delay although we might stop and view Johnny or Hugh (seriously folks vote for 1 or 2 Hugh is 1 Johnny is 2 and we shall see who will win the battle of whose the sexiest) And to make it fair they are both in jackets *g*




Alright lets get back to Katie! *clears throat* And on to the questions.

Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Turtle Sundae w/ caramel goodness

What is your favorite genre to write?
Romantic Suspense

Cats or dogs?
Dogs all the way! I like cats, but dogs love you no matter what. When I come home, my dog is so ridiculously happy to see me, I can’t help but be in a good mood.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose and why?
The mountains of North Carolina. I like Florida (where I live now) but I miss the changing of seasons, and it’s close enough to the coast where I can still visit the beach. I also love New Zealand, but it’s too far from my family.

Close your eyes and randomly pick one book out of your TBR pile. What was it?
Now You Die by Roxanne St. Claire. I just got it, but it’s first on my list.

Was there a particular book that you were reading and when you finished you sat up and said I can write a book?
Yes, but maybe not for the reasons you’re asking. I didn’t finish a book and think, ‘God this is awful, I can do this’. I finished (and loved!) Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger and connected with the main character and her life choices so much, it was like that proverbial light bulb went off and I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

What is your ideal hero?
In short, a man who puts the heroine before all others. At the end of the day, she’s the most important thing to him. I don’t care if he’s an alpha or beta hero, as a reader, I just have to know he’d sacrifice anything for the woman he loves. As a rule, I do prefer the tortured hero the most.

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
To teleport anywhere anytime. I think the reason is obvious. If I wanted to see Vin Deisel in the shower… bam, I could get a live show, then I’m gone before he can, you know, call the cops on my stalker ass :)

What is it like writing for electronic publishers?
Since I don’t have anything to compare it to, so far, my experiences have been great. My editors all respond within 48 hours (usually sooner) and there’s always been a high level of professionalism with both houses I write for.

What is your favorite color?
Purple

Do you wear it the most?
Only in my eye makeup. I rarely wear purple clothing.

What is your favorite website after DIK?
Google. I love it!

What is your favorite pasta dish?
Hmmm, Seafood Fontanella

Who was the first author you read that turned you on to romance?
I read a lot of contemporaries (Harlequin mostly) growing up so I’ve always loved romance, but Linda Howard is the first author I fell in love with. When I discovered All the Queens Men, I was hooked on romantic suspense and bought her entire backlist.

What is one piece of advice that was given to you about writing?
Don’t take rejection personally. Writing is a business.

Do you have a favorite TV show? What is it?
Right now, I’m addicted to Dexter. Since I don’t have satellite anymore, I’m a season behind and renting Season 2 from Netflix.

What about a favorite band or genre of music (not necessarily to write to)
I’m pretty eclectic. Sometimes I like shaking my ass to Shakira, other times I like drinking to Johnny Cash. Honestly, it depends on my mood. The only thing I don’t listen to is heavy metal. All that screaming gives me a headache.

Do you like seafood or Italian better?
This is tough! Seafood Fontanella combines my two loves, but seafood is my number one.

Mexican or Cuban?
Love, love, love Cuban! (what’s w/ all these food questions, now I’m starving!) *clears throat* That would be Sarai's fault sorry I was hungry when I wrote the questions out. Please continue!

What is your main goal as far as writing?
As of right now, I’d like to break into a Harlequin category line, specifically Harlequin Intrigue (b/c I love reading them so much!). But basically, I just want to write what I love for as long as I can, and be happy doing it.
And this is DAY 1 OF KATIE join us for the next 2 days until Katie must leave us. Until then remember KATIE ROCKS!!!! Oh and PS Katie is throwing a FUN FUN FUN contest tomorrow called guess the abs. Person with the most correct answers wins a copy of Katie's new releases~!!

18 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Sarai - it's definitly Hugh! Johnny is hot, but he's just too pretty ;)

sula said...

Johnny or Hugh? I can't possibly choose between them. Both are yummy for different reasons. *sigh*

katie, i will share that ice cream with you. *g*

Carolyn Crane said...

Hey Katie! What a fun interview. Teleporting - nice. It would be even better if you could teleport through time AND space.

Katie Reus said...

Gladly Sula, I'm all about sharing (apparently men and icecream if I'm on this island, lol)

Carolyn - I like that even better! I'll add travelling through time to my special powers ;)

Ana said...

Loved the chat ladies! And Hugh, please!

And katie, I LOVE Dexter!

Katie Reus said...

Ana - I know, he's the best! We don't have satellite anymore so i'm a season behind. Last night I stayed up and had a Dexter marathon....finally saw the finale for Season 2!!

Tracy said...

Great interview guys!

Katie - my fav color is purple too. I painted my youngest daughters room lavendar and I just go in there to look at the walls. Yes, I'm nuts. :)

Hugh and Johnny are both so delicious for entirely different reasons! But if I had to choose one I'd say Hugh.

Teleporting - would love it. And I love your idea of the ideal hero...love it!

Tracy said...

That's lavender...apparently I can't spell

Katie Reus said...

Tracy, I'd love to do bad bad things to Hugh! ;)

Tracy said...

Oh honey me too. Me too!!

little alys said...

Katie!!! Let's party!

I agree that dogs are best. Love cats, but the doggies are my hearts.

And the Vin Deisel live shower? That's some superpower you picked. Good one!

Thank you for the *exclusive* interview. ;D

BTW: going to quote you on this Don’t take rejection personally. Writing is a business. :)

Katie Reus said...

Alys, quote away!! Unfortunately it's something I have to remind myself of when I want to have a pity party, lol!

Christine said...

Hi Katie!
Fun interview! I am totally television illiterate. I don't know any of the shows people watch these days. I'm lucky I get a few Netflix movies in a month!

Sarai said...

Bite your tongue woman my Johnny is nice and gruffy as Capt Jack!!!! I must say it was hard to find fully clothed pics LOL

Bridget Locke said...

Johnny...all the way, unless it's Hugh as Wolverine. Yeah, go figure. Can't stand facial hair on a man, but Hugh makes Wolverine so tortured and hawt! *sigh* Excuse me while I go wipe up my drool. :0


Hi, Katie! Great answers, by the way. :)

KT Grant said...

I love Dexter!! I have season 2 on dvd that I have to start watching. So happy Hall was nominated for an Emmy for his serial killer performances :D
And anyone with the name Kate, is awesome :P

jessewave said...

Hi Katie - sorry I'm late.
I Love Hugh.And Dexter OMG
Teleporting to see Vin Deisel in the shower is the ultimate sci-fi adventure *g*

Shannon said...

::Steals Hugh and the caramel from Katie's sundae::

I'll be in my hut.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP