Sunday, September 28, 2008

Guest: Ally Blue

Welcome Friends! Today is the official kick off of

Desert Island Keeper
M/M Romance Author
Festivus Extravagandus!


Uh. I invited some of my friends....

First off: The fair Ally Blue. Ally is a cool bean. What can I say?

Before we get started, I'd just like to thank her for stopping by. Ally was initially in our DIK group, but deadlines and real life conflicted and we totally shafted her. Heh. I begged her to stop by the Author DIK post at Noseinabook back in the height of our backstabbing hero free for all (omg. that was crazy fun) and she was a peach and came by and totally forgave us for..shafting her. I think I just like to say shaft. I don't know why.

So put your DIK hands together (?) and give a hearty round of applause to our guest, the delectable Ms. Blue.

Favorite Reading Position
Reclining in comfort in a beach chair. On the beach, of course, otherwise it's kind of pointless to have a beach chair, really. Heh.

Best love song
"The Magic Position" by Patrick Wolf. One of the most joyful and upbeat songs I've ever heard. Patrick!!! I heart you, you big glittery goofball!

**fangirly swoon**

Favorite Heroine
In a book? Oh, hmmmm...

**thinks**

Jacqueline, from Clive Barker's short story "Jacqueline Ess: Her Will and Testament". That is one scary/sexy chick. She still resonates with me in lots of ways, even twenty years after I first met her :)

Author everyone loves but you don's a whole looooong list of authors everyone else loves and I have never ever read. Example: La Nora. Sacrilege! I know, I know. I'm so ashamed!

**hides face**

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick
Harry Potter! I want to sneak into the locker rooms at the World Quidditch Cup and watch Harry and Draco gettin' their mansex on in the shower. It would be REALLY hot because they'd be on opposing teams and therefore the sex would be all rough and angry. Yowza.

Hey, it's MY fantasy, I'll make them grown-up pro Quidditch players if I want!

How old is your inside voice
Twelve. Fourteen on a good day. My son (who really IS fourteen) calls me immature. LOL. So sad.’t
Errrmmm.... Well, I don't know. I can't think of any. But, there

Favorite sex song
"Inertia Creeps" by Massive Attack. Lots of drums, like a pulse, and DAMN that particular singer has a sexy voice.

If you could be a hero who would you be
I'd be Brent from Heaven Sent. Then I'd get to be all sexed up by Hell!!! The very thought makes my girl parts clench in delight.

[/TMI]

What heroine is most like you
Oh, um. I don't know, actually. Probably there is a romance heroine out there who is a bit like me, but I haven't found her. I don't read a lot of straight romance, and the girls in the horror and sci-fi I tend to read are generally either way smarter/stronger/faster/etc than me or so sniveling and TSTL that I really HOPE they're not like me. LOL.

What heroine would you like to be
ANITA BLAKE!!! From the early days. I mean, come on. Knives on both arms? A gun strapped to the headboard of the bed? A freakin' SWORD down her back??? AND getting to kick the bad guys' asses and raise zombies???? That is just ridiculously cool :D

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando)
What, for me or my manwhores? I mean characters? Although I guess it doesn't matter, as the answer to both is boxer-briefs. Sexy AND comfy!

(*lb claps hands* yay for ally's manwhores!)


Favorite book set on a tropical island
Jurassic Park! :D

What hero is most like your significant other
He isn't like anyone, really, which is one reason I heart him so :) Although, I suppose I could say he's a bit like Trouble, from My Fair Captain (only, you know, adult...), because he does have a knack for getting into scrapes *g*

What hero would you like to be your significant other
OMG. None! Seriously. The men I tend to swoon over in fiction are NOT people I could successfully live with. LOL.

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring
Hmmm, let's see...

**thinks**

1. My laptop, Admiral Crunchbyte. He will have a magically never-ending battery charge, because I canNOT live without my beloved 'puter.

2. Bear Grylls. Because he knows what plants to eat and I'm pretty sure he can build a mansion out of sticks and palm leaves. AND, he strips a lot. Oh, yes. Nekkid Bear makes Ally's girl parts very, very happy.

3. A club with a fully stocked bar and a monster sound system, complete with an endless supply of awesome music. Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big! LOL.


Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party
Mike's Hard Lime. Great beach drink. Can I bring Fritos too? Mike's + Fritos = best dinner ever.

My Favorite hero?
EDWARD!!! Not Twilight Edward, who I do not know at all. Anita Blake's Edward, who I DO know and who I would dearly love to clutch between my thighs just once. Which is really saying something, considering that he's not real O_O




MY 6-BOOK BEACH HUT LIBRARY:
(no, they are NOT romances! Ha! Ha, I say! LOL)
1. Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon, because it is the pinnacle of awesomeness.

2. Obsidian Butterfly (#9? I think? In the Anita Blake series). It has mucho kicking of bad guy butt, plus lots of Edward! Mmmm... Edward...

3. Books of Blood, by Clive Barker. All three volumes. I think this should count as one book. In fact, I will find one volume with all three installments bound together so that there is no question of it being one book. There must be such a thing out there someplace...

4. Lord of the Rings. Sorry, but this one HAS to be on my list. It's the very first story with which I ever fell completely in love! This doesn't need to be physically bound into one volume because it is all one story!

5. Stranger In A Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein, because it changed my life.

6. The complete Lovecraft collection, with many thanks to our hostess LisaBea for reminding me *ggg* (ally ally blue, i heart u)




And I sort of lied when I said I had no romances in my hut, because my collection of loverly gay romance resides on Admiral Crunchbyte's hard drive, and he's coming with me. Yay for ebooks!


MY BEACH HUT STAFF:

1. Edward (see above). For protection as well as that sexy/dangerous vibe of his *g*

2. Valentine Michael Smith, from Stranger In A Strange Land. Peace, acceptance, free love and cool Martian biofeedback techniques!

3. Allard, from Jules Jones and Alex Woolgrave's funny/hot series The Syndicate. He's kind of a pill, but cute as a bug and I bet he could fix my darling laptop if need be. Tech support for the island, yay!

4. Jason, from the Anita Blake books. Cutest werewolf ever! Plus he's smart and perceptive, and kind of a man-slut. He'd keep all the girl-parts AND man-bits on the island very very satisfied.

5. Snape! Two words, people: hangover potions O_O


Short (and excessively smartass) bio, snatched from my blog because I am lazy:

Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big penis hat and rides in a bullet-proof plexiglass bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and as sinspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her favorite way to waste a perfectly good Saturday is to watch all three extended version LOTR movies in a row. Her ultimate dream is to one day ditch the evil day job and support the fambly on manlove alone. She is not a hippie or a brain surgeon, no matter what her kids’ friends say.

22 comments:

Carolyn Crane said...

Oh, Ally, so nice to have you on the island.
And you are so wonderfully old school with Edward and Anita. Hey, those are the best picks ever. Edward is so dark and mysterious. And a really creative character.

JenB said...

Mmm...Edward. Yum.

It's kind of disturbing that you relate to Jacqueline Ess so well.\

And may I just say...you are a dirty, dirty girl! LOL

KT Grant said...

I wanted to be Anita Blake at one point but I couldn't handel screwing every animal, vegetable and mineral I came across.

lisabea said...

I should read those.

Bev(QB) said...

I don't know, Ally, I think I'd want to be Anita's best friend, Ronnie instead. She gets to carry weapons too, but she doesn't have to use them as often. Plus she gets in far less dangerous situations than Anita, which means less pain and scars.

And, if she wan't such a monster bigot, she could be getting her freak on with (almost) any monster of her choice.

Tracy said...

Hey Ally welcome to DIK!! Nice to have you here!

I'm so happy you're bringing LOTR! Fab book!

I can envision the Harry Potter locker room scene - very nice.

Admiral Crunchbyte interesting name for your laptop! lol I notice that a lot of people name their laptops - any particular reason that you can think of??

LOVE Mike's & Fritos - bring it on!!

LesleyW said...

I read Clive Barker many years ago when I was going through my horror phase. Is that short story from his Books of Blood? And does it feature the 'heroine' turning a man into a pig (kind of)? Just want to be sure I'm thinking of the right story.

LesleyW said...

Oh - and if you like Lovecraft - have you seen Happy Cthulu by Ursula Vernon? Okay - shameless Ursula Vernon fan here.

JenB said...

(Ally - Don't think I didn't notice that you forgot to send me a pink-haired bishie houseboy. :P)

Ciara said...

"Snape! Two words, people: hangover potions O_O"

Well that's gotta be the funniest hero-choice ever. lol. I never knew who Alan Rickman was before Snape, and now I just can't see him as anything else. Sense and Sensibility, when I saw it post-HP, was squicky. SQUICKY!

Great interview!!!

lisabea said...

Ciara~I love him. I LOVE HIM...and you are so right.

sob

jessewave said...

Ally
I was wondering where you would be today and here you are. I am sorry to say that I have never read an Anita Blake book. Isn't that sad? And now there are just too many for me to ever catch up.

By the way, this interview is even longer than you know which one *g*

Katie Reus said...

Jessewave, don't feel bad, I've never read an Anita Blake book either, lol!

Ally, welcome to the island & great interview :)

Tracy said...

Add me to the list of never read an Anita Blake novel either!!

Bridget Locke said...

I read book 1 and was pretty much Meh about the whole thing. Who knew?!

Welcome, Ally! :)

Shaymless Aymless said...

Welcome to our tropical corner! Sit back and have a drink or two or 10 ~_^

LTFR is must take for me as well. ^_^!

Ally Blue said...

Hi all! Whew. I've been traveling for 12 FREAKIN' HOURS, I just got home or I'd have stopped in earlier.
Boy, you know, I loved San Francisco but I'm glad to be home :D

Carolyn, hello and thank you muchly! I heart Edward. Sooooo sexy. Rawr!

JenB LOL! It is kind of disturbing, isn't it? Hmmm...
Erm, dirty??? What, did you already hear about the Folsom Street Fair?
O_O
Oh and btw, I was unable to capture a pink-haired boy. There was, however, an adorable kitty-boy I wanted to keep in my basement... Sadly, I wasn't able to capture him either :-(

Katiebabs, I hear ya! I don't much like her anymore and it makes me sad. Sigh.

LB, YES, you totally need to read those!!!! Do it. Do it. Do it.
**pokes**

Bev, you're right, Ronnie is cool. But I do love Anita's knives *g*

Tracy, yup, how can you go wrong with Hard Lime and LOTR? LOL.
I dunno why we feel the need to name our electronics. Maybe because we get so attached to them, hmmm... They just seem so nearly human to me.
**molests computer**

Lesley, yes, that's the one! I read it and kept saying "OMG I have THOUGHT that!". Not the turning people into misshapen masses of flesh though, you'll all be glad to know *g*
I have not seen Happy Cthulhu, but I am intrigued.

Hi Ciara, thanks! I figured since we all have booze, we could use a [sexy] potions master :D

Jessewave, aw, honey, don't worry about not reading. I will talk you into it at some point *ggg*
Heh :P
this interview was comfortably short! LOL
**hugs**

Katie, thank you! And I shall also talk you into reading Anita. The old, COOL Anita, anyway. LOL.

Bridget and Aymless, hi and thank you!!

This interview was sooooo fun to do!! OH and LB, you do not KNOW how much I heart you for your excellent choice of Patrick, Hot Blond Guy, personalized Hard Lime and Cthulhu!!! I shall share my manwhores with you! Mwah!

Sarai said...

Oh Ally how I heart you!!!! OMG Edward I totally forgot about him in the draft pick. Shit who got him?

Oh PS WELCOME TO THE ISLAND MAN!!! Grab a man and a drink sit back and relax!!!

lisabea said...

I knew you would love the cthulhu!

Welcome back Ally!

LesleyW said...

Just for Ally here's a link to Happy Cthulu by Ursula Vernon:-

http://www.metalandmagic.com/modules.php?set_albumName=oddities&id=happycthulhu&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

That is one long link.

Sarah said...

Hey Ally! I <3 you, I so do! And, Alan Rickman is a sexy man, he plays Snape. Merow.

I do love Anita Blake, even when she is a PIA!

How was the conf????? I want to know all the details pls!

Ally Blue said...

Hey Sarai :D I will keep Edward! I will steal him from whoever else has claimed him! Mwahahahaaaaa!!!!
**hides Edward under the bed**

LB, LOL you know me so well! I totally kept that Cthulhu pic :D

Lesley, OMG how cute! Cthulhu smiling, awwwwwwwww!!!!!

Sarah, yup, I totally agree about Alan Rickman. Hawt, oh yes he is *g* My girl-child is completely smitten with him LOL

Back to the editing cave now. Pity me!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP