Six DIK Books
1. Pride and Prejudice—the ultimate romance and first ever chick lit IMO. Every woman who reads it wants to be Elizabeth Bennet and date Mr. Darcy. I adore the way love conquers all, even her horrible family connections and his snooty relatives. Just the best.
2. Outlander by Dianna Gabaldon—I love the idea of going back in time I finding a hot Scottish warrior to get busy with.
3. The Chronicles of Narnia—I cut my teeth on these as a kid and spent my entire childhood expecting to open a door to another world. I still reread them as an adult and I can’t wait until my son is old enough to read them.
4. The Harry Potter books—I know I’m such a nerd but I love Harry and his crew. I’m so sorry the series is done now and there are no more HP books to look forward to.
5. The Anne of Green Gables books—another childhood favourite that stands the test of time. I recently reread all of these while I was pregnant and had horrible writer’s block. I love Anne with an e and all her wholesome adventures. These books make me long for simpler times and I also want to date Gilbert Blythe.
6. All of the Dark Lover books by JR Ward but especially V’s book—Now why couldn’t we have more Butch and V and less Jane and V? But I still loved this book a lot. Also Z’s book but if I had to choose, it would be V all the way.
Seven DIK Heroes
1. Richard B Riddick from the novelization of Chronicles of Riddick. The ultimate bad boy. I have it bad for him and would love to be at his mercy. I’m sure he would bring the Dom in dominance to a whole new level. Yum!
2. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. He’s such a gentleman which I know is the exact opposite of Riddick but he’s also extremely hot. Maybe because you always want what you can’t get and Mr. D is so aloof and unobtainable until the end of the novel.
3. V from the Brotherhood of the Black Dagger. Okay, JR Ward didn’t go into details with what V likes to do in the bedroom but something tells me it would be hot…hot…HAWT.
4. Z from the Brotherhood of the Black Dagger. He is so wounded and damaged and hot. How can you not want to nurture him and have hot, healing sex with him?
5. Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. Can you tell I’m a geek by now? lol. But having read all the books and seen all the movies, I have to admit I probably am thinking more of Vigo Mortenson than the actual character in the book.
6. Jamie from Outlander. Again with the hot Scottish warrior—how can you resist looking under that kilt?
7. Jean-Claude and Richard from the Anita Blake books. Yes, both at the same time. Why are you looking so shocked, I am an erotica author you know. Lol