Today's presentation will be the must read books in Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Fantasy.
This post looks like it may be a big one, so sit back and enjoy the nice island sun as I give you even more book picks to make you go broke: .
1. Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh. Coming March 3 from Berkley. A naughty angel and a vampire type slayer fight crime in New York City. There is a hot bathtub scene that will have you melting while you read. I sure did.
2. As Shadows Fade by Colleen Gleason Coming on March 3 from NAL. Technically this one can be considered a historical, but it is about a vampire slayer, and the final book in this series. Will Victoria choose the sexy, give her great sex in a carriage, Sebastian or the broody, I have issues, boo-hoo I can't love you Max? Can you figure out who I want Victoria to choose?
3. Passion Unchained (February 24) and Passion Unleashed (April 1) by Larissa Ione. Coming from Forever. Hot demon sex.
4. Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre. Coming April 7 from ROC. This is a new series from Ann and I adore her big time.
5. White Star by Elizabeth Vaughan. Coming April 7 from Berkley. This is the sequel to Dagger-Star and takes place in a fantasy type world with magic and strong female characters.
6. NO COVER YET: Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh. Coming July 7 from Berkley. Mercy's and Riley story. And if you have read the excerpt, you will understand why you must buy this book!
7. Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward. Coming April 28 from NAL. THIS IS MY MUST READ MOST LUSTED AFTER BOOK OF THE YEAR. A book pimp needs her sexy pimp to keep her company and I have the feeling this book will deliver. (Hopefully Ward will not make Rehv into a ghost and give us a good reason why he is sleeping with his skanky half-sister)
8. Eve of Darkness by S.J. Day. Coming April 28 from Tor. This is the first book in a new series from Day also known as Sylvia Day who writes wonderful historicals. I have been pimping out this book like crazy. The next two in this series come out over the summer.
9. Scarlett by Jordan Summers. Coming June 2 from Tor. I was such a big fan of the first novel, Red, in this trilogy about werewolves in the future. Gritty, dark and sexy. .
10.Queen of Song and Souls by C.L. Wilson. Coming June 2 from Leisure. This is the last book in her incredible fantasy series.
11. NO COVER YET: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs. Coming July 28 from Ace. If you have read Cry Wolf, you will understand why this is one anticipated read. .
Have I given you enough or are you hungry for more? What other books are you lusting for?
This concludes our presentation on the favorite books for your TBR pile for 2009. Hopefully my bosses on the DIK island have been pleased with my recommendations and will invite me back for more books to add to your TBR pile.
For more fun that you can shake a pimp cane at, come visit me at my blog Babbling About Books, and More!