Thursday, November 5, 2009

Caridad Pineiro - The Interview

Please welcome Caridad Pineiro back for another day here at the island! She's seriously one of the nicest authors I've interviewed to date so I hope she comes to visit us again :) She was kind enough to answer all my burning questions so I hope y'all enjoy the interview.


1. You were one of the authors who helped launch Silhouette Nocturne’s DEATH CALLS line. What’s it like writing for them and how different is it writing ‘Bites’ as opposed to writing full-length novels?
It’s great writing for Harlequin. They’ve always been very supportive and willing to consider stories that push the edge and so I’ve really been able to explore the darker elements of some the characters. As for writing BITES, it’s a big change from a longer novel. The action needs to start immediately and the characters have to leap to life full-blown. That’s a difficult thing to do, but I love the challenge! In fact, I’ve found that writing the shorter BITES and novellas has really helped me with pacing and creating page-turning chapter endings on my longer works.


2. What other publishing houses do you write for?
I currently also write for Grand Central Publishing and will have my first single title paranormal romantic suspense release – SINS OF THE FLESH – with them on October 27, 2009.


3. What would you say has been your most significant accomplishment as a writer?
To keep on getting published over the last decade. A lot of people think that once you sell one book, selling the next is easy, but that’s not the case. So I’m really happy that I’ve been able to continue selling books over the years.


4. What is your writing process?

Are you a plotter or pantster? I used to be a pantser, but am now a plotter. I write every day usually and try not to stop and edit while I am writing. However, I will write and rewrite the first three chapters until I feel they are strong and have a good sense of the hero/heroine and the main conflict. I consider those three chapters the cornerstone for the novel and if they are shaky, the rest of the chapters will start to wobble and fall apart.


5. How long have you been writing?

I started writing in the fifth grade but turned my mind to getting published in 1991. I was able to sell my first book in 1998 and it was released in 1999.


6. Tell us something about yourself that we might not know.

I was a science major in college and played the bassoon all through high school and college.

7. Your latest book, SINS OF THE FLESH, is the first in a series for Grand Central Publishing. Tell us more about this exciting new release and upcoming series.

I am so excited about this book! SINS OF THE FLESH is the story of Caterina Shaw, a terminally ill woman who undertakes radical gene therapy in an effort to save her life. What she doesn’t count on is that the scientists who are supposed to help her decide to experiment by implanting other genes in her body. When one of the scientists decides to blow the whistle on the illegal experimentation, he is murdered. Caterina escapes during the killing and is framed for the murder. Mercenary Mick Carrera is sent to capture Caterina and discovers all is not right with her and the story he has been told. What follows is an action-packed and emotionally compelling story as Mick and Caterina try to clear her name and save her humanity in a deadly game being played by the scientists.

I just got SINS in the mail and I'm waiting until this weekend to dive into it. I know if I start, I won't want to put it down!


8. Anything you’d like to add for your readers and/or aspiring writers?
Never give up. It may be tough at times and rejection is awful, but don’t give up your dream.


Thank you so much for the interview and inspirational words. Over the years I've seen your posts on various blogs and you're such a classy lady. It's been so much fun having you here and I hope this won't be your only visit :)


Caridad is offering a SINS t-shirt to one lucky winner. All you have to do is leave a comment. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the winners from yesterday and today!
For more info on Caridad, visit www.caridad.com and http://www.caridad.com/blog/

9 comments:

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Hi Caridad!

Great interview and I can't wait to read "Sins of the Flesh"! Love the cover!

Lea said...

Welcome back to the island Caridad!

Thank you so much for sharing some insight into your writing process.

Congratulations on your successes with respect to your published work.

As I mentioned yesterday, I read "Sins of the Flesh", and enjoyed it thoroughly. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Best

susan said...

welcome Caridad and happy to stop in and say hello. SINS OF THE FLESH really sounds good. susan L.

Caridad Pineiro said...

Thank you all for dropping by and Lea, thanks so much for your review. I think you will really like the next book which we've retitled STRONGER THAN SIN. The hero, Jesse Bradford, is really special and I love the heroine - won't give away who that is just yet!

Tracy said...

Sins of the Flesh sounds really good - I'll be checking that one out soon!

Great interview Katie and Caridad.

Mary G said...

Hi Caridad
Hope you're liking your islnad visit. I anm looking forward to reading Sins Of The Flesh. Lea's review was awesome.

Linda Henderson said...

I've really been looking forward to reading this book. I enjoyed your interview very much.

SiNn said...

Caridad I love your work totally utterly enjoy your writing style


I see you were a science major in college what made you decide on that major

Carolyn Crane said...

I love your attitude and perserverence - good for you for keeping at it and making it happen. and your new book really does sound exciting! Congrats!!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP