Wednesday, April 29, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Day 1

Well, it's here. My turn again on the DIK Ladies Blog. Which means a break from the regular programming while I (aka Skeletor!Thea) hijack the posts for three days.



In all honesty, I had completely forgot that I had another turn coming up until Tracy kindly nudged me (thank you Tracy!). So I started my normal head-scratching routine. What could I write about, and for three days no less? I was at a complete loss and having a bit of a panic attack (like, getting ready to post random youtube clips...wait, I still might do that!).

And then...sweet, sweet inspiration.

In the form of a trailer.

Picture this: Me, lost and alone, pitifully drowning in a morass of panic. Grasping at lame non-idea after lame non-idea. And then, as the rushing sound of chaos threatens to choke any creative instinct I might have, I hear it.

KA-SHING!!



The sound of ruthless adamantium, breaking through flesh, cutting through steel. And just like that, I'm saved.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine comes out in theaters this Friday, and what better way to celebrate the first bonafide blockbuster film of the Summer than to take a look at some of the leading dudes?



Especially considering, Remy Le Beau, aka Gambit, is one of my heroes living with me on the island.

Without further ado, I give you a look at the guys that put the X in Men. Starting with the gruffest badass of them all...



Wolverine

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is, after all, Wolverine's solo shot. Really playing fast and loose with the X-continuity but basically deriving from the Origin and Weapon X stories.

James Howlett, aka Logan, aka Wolverine, was born on a plantation in Canada in the late 1800s. After a traumatic event in his childhood resulting in his father's murder and his mother's suicide, James's healing factor kicked in, protecting him from the trauma of his prior memories, and he refused Rose (his childhood companion and the only person who could tell him the truth)'s offer to tell him about his past. Over the ensuing years, Logan fought in wars, eventually teaming up with Captain America in WWII, eventually leading him to Team X, and then the dreaded Weapon X, where he had the adamantium grafted to his skeleton. And, the rest, as they say, is history.



So, replacing the geek hat with the fangirl hat, what am I really looking forward to from the movie (when by all accounts it seems like it will be light on substance and high and style)?

How's about some of this:








Even if the movie is terrible, which it might well be, I still get to sit and stare at Hughverine for two hours on a big screen. What? If guys can do this with Transformers and Megan Fox, what's wrong with us chicas enjoying a little mancandy?

Right?

Right?!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I completely agree with you!! I will happily sit through the movie just for a little taste of hugh!!

REally looking forward to seeing it!

Carolyn Crane said...

It comes out tomorrow ? Where have I been? Okay, great post. This will be some serious viewing pleasure.

Kati said...

Uh-yeah. And the eye candy is definitely NOT just Hugh. Taylor is my favorite kind of man-candy...young and...strapping.

Yummy!

Ana said...

Wasn't Wolverine one of the heroes I gave up?

*headdesk* what the hell was I thinking? You are making me depressed. I need to have a serious talk with Sebastian. This monogamy thing is really not working anymore.

Unknown said...

I so agree with you. That's why I dragged my baby with me to see
300. That movie was definitely made for women.
I can't wait to see Wolverine. :)

Thea said...

Amanda - I *just* bought my tickets :) I cannot wait. I'll have to hide my drooling from the boyfriend, but...who cares. It's Hughverine!

CJ - Oh yes, it comes out tomorrow. Must buy tickets.

Kati - Not to mention Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool! I predict Wolverine will do well in the ladies department. Delicious!

Ana - Monogamy? On the ISLAND? Are you insane, woman? You need to work something out with your menz. Seriously.

Ann Marie - LOL, that's awesome. Gerry Butler is worth it. As, I would argue, is Hugh Jackman ;)

Shaymless Aymless said...

*drool* *wipe drool* *drool some more*

Kris said...

Oh, Hell YES! You are the rightess of the righteous right, Thea.


Wolverine. *sigh*

Tracy said...

Hughverine! I love it! lol And I'm going to watch him too! I mean, yeah, watch the movie...that's what I meant!

Ana - you gave him UP?? Oh dear Lord - we need to get some therapist sent to the island. :) It's all right honey, you'll recover.

rebyj said...

The one before last...is that his sex face? Don't you wonder? How to find out? OOH YEAH! Lets sex him up! LOL I bet he's a killer backscratcher.

rebyj said...

That is next to last picture. I can't think straight when sexy men are around!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP