Friday, April 17, 2009

My Last Day! *sniffle*

I have to apologize to all & sunder about the last two days on the blog. I really & truly wasn't planning on being a downer. *sigh* For that, I apologize.

I was trying to come up with a different way of bringing my time here on the island to a close and was drawing a blank...until about a minute ago. It's amazing how doing something boring or random gets the juices flowing, isn't it?

I decided to write about heroes. When Sarai & Tracy sent the email advising we would have to give up one of our heroes for the new draft, I was heartbroken. How on earth could I give up any of my men? It's like asking me to pull out a tooth without anesthetic or something. :(

So, I've had that on my mind and wanted to share a small tidbit about the kerfuffle that arose immediately thereafter.


*Scene-Sunset in my large, height-accessible tent. I am sitting on the bed reading the paper that someone (I think it's CJ) prints on banana leaves using some strange concoction for ink. I'm afraid to look at the ink too closely for fear that it IS what I think it is. *ahem* *

"My dear, have you heard?"

I glance up from a fascinating article about hygiene and menage that Lisabea wrote.

"Heard what?"

"They've got a new hero draft."

"Really? That's wonderful!"

"You must give up one of us."

"What?!"

I stand up and toss the paper aside.

"I'm going to strangle Tracy and Sarai. What are they thinking?"

"New blood?"

I shake my head.

"No, they're trying to give me a headache!"

"It's okay, baby, I'm good with my hands."

I glance over at the door to see Cadeon standing in the doorway, his cocky grin in place.

"Puh-leeze! They're wanting me to get rid of one of you."

"Oh, hell no! When did that happen?"

"Ask him."

I gesture at Mr. Darcy and sit back down, my mad draining away to be replaced by dread. How on earth am I going to choose between my men?

"Did you hear?"

I look up to see the rest of my men as they come inside the hut. Jules' arms are full of fruit and Bones is looking peaked due to the fact that I know he hasn't eaten yet. The man just woke up. I'm kind of glad I don't have to actually sleep with him. He doesn't breathe as he's at rest and it freaks me out.

"Yes, I have. I'm not going to be able to choose between all of you."

Judd walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder, his fingers brushing my neck ever so slightly. Great, now I've got shivers going down my spine.

"We can help you, you know."

"How?"

"Do we really need to spell it out?"

"But what about Jules? He doesn't like girls!"

Jules divests himself of his burden and turns to me with a wink.

"I can come up with other ways."

"Oh dear."

The men all turn to look down at me, their intent very, very clear. I won't be getting any sleep tonight...and probably won't be able to walk tomorrow.

As they surround me on the bed and Cadeon crawls up to rest between my legs, I have to be honest and say that I really don't know who I'm going to have to choose and I can't wait to see just how they convince me..



And I'm off. My sleeping pill is kicking in. Night & all that good stuff

5 comments:

Carolyn Crane said...

Snort! Oh no! How will you decide? Maybe you should get rid of Cadeon. I want him!

LesleyW said...

Bridget - I'm having exactly the same problems. Lol. But I think I've finally narrowed it down to the one who is going to go.

Tracy said...

Bones. You should definitely get rid of Bones. I mean,hey, if you don't want to sleep next to him I'm sure there might be someone out there who will, right? I might be convinced to take him. You know..sympathy move and all.

Great post BL!

Bridget Locke said...

LOL! True. Very true. :D

Sarai said...

I know how hard it is but think of the 2 new heroes you get that will help ease your pain

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP