Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cover Attraction

I'm a sucker for a nice book cover, I always have been. The cover is what will initially draw me to a book. Then I will read the blurb on the back and make my decision as to whether I want to read the book or not.
What kind of book cover grabs your eye? What are some of your favorite covers?
Is there anything on a book cover that you find distasteful or that might even change your mind about reading the book?



















posted by The Bookworm.

3 comments:

Katie Reus said...

I love male torsos on the cover. I might be in the minority but what I don't like is naked behinds.

The Bookworm said...

I like male torsos too Katie. And I do agree with you on the behinds...lol.

LesleyW said...

I found the UK cover for J.R.Ward's book about John Matthew to be incredibly ugly.

I like interesting covers, not necessarily pretty but attractive.

A lot of the Urban Fantasy covers in the UK - Kim Harrison's, Patricia Briggs - are really ugly. Though Briggs have improved.

And a nice male torso. :)

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP