Sunday, August 2, 2009

Liane Gentry Skye - Day 1

Please welcome author Liane Gentry Skye to the island!


Liane Gentry Skye was considered the girl most likely to become a nun in high school. Upon graduation, she wasted no time rewriting her miserable destiny. Two marriages, one real life alpha hero and four beautiful babies later, she decided it wise to exchange her rhinestone thong for soccer mom sweats. These days, her walk on the wild side lives (mostly) in her imagination. The mother of two children with autism, what time she doesn't spend breathing life into her secret fantasies, she spends grant writing and advocating for a better world for persons with autism.


Thank you so much for joining us on the island, Liane! You’ve just had a couple releases with Red Sage, one of my favorite publishers! Even better, you’re featured in the most recent Secrets (Volume 27). I fell in love with Secrets after reading Volume 9 and I’ve been hooked ever since. You have a smooth, almost magical writing style so I’m super excited to have you here and can’t wait to get to know the ‘real’ Liane a little better! On to the fun stuff: questions!


Since this is your very first time on the island, there are some things we must know about you!


1. If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring with you?


You know, I've never been one to pack light, so this is going to hurt. But I know I could never do without paper and pen. A life without chocolate? Not going to happen, so, I'd need a lifetime supply of dark chocolate. Now, for the third, I'd have to choose my hubby. :) I figure all those survival schools he went through as a Navy SEAL will come in right handy. Doesn't hurt that he's cute, either. ;)


2. Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt, commando

Uhhh…I'll take the commando option if it includes tight-ish jeans. ;) If it's not an option, bring on the kilt!


3. Favorite Heroine:
Hope Harper in Deidre Knight's Midnight Warrior series. Hope is strong and intuitive, and never lets blindness stop her from living, or loving.


4. Favorite Sex song:
I'm assuming you mean the song that makes me feel romantic?

That would be one by Creed, One Last Breath. The song is, for me, the perfect "black moment" song, angsty, emotional, intense. Everything I love in a good romance, actually!


5. What accent is guaranteed to make you do naughty things?
It's a toss-up between Italian and a Scottish brogue. Oh, but I love a proper British accent, too. On, and then there's those sexy Aussies. Ack. Can we just say I never met an accent I didn't like? ;)


6. What six books would you bring with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
Hmmm…is there a volume of everything ever printed? I want that one. ;) Seriously, I'd choose…

Gone with the Wind

The Works of Pablo Neruda

The Bible

Outlander

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Lovely Bones


You just reminded me that I need to read The Time Traveler's Wife! Want to finish it before the movie comes out :)


Come back tomorrow for an in-depth interview with Liane on her writing process and what it's like writing for Red Sage. Also, Liane's been kind enough to offer a signed copy of Secrets Volume 27 to one lucky commenter. Just leave a comment today or tomorrow and I'll announce the winner (U.S. eligible only) on Wednesday!


Blurb from HEART'S STORM (in Secrets Volume 27)

Sirenia's final breeding moon is upon her. She is the last fertile mermaid of her brood. Racing against a hurricane, she must search out and mate with the only merman who can save her kind--the prophesied Lost Son of Triton. When Sirenia rescues injured Navy SEAL, Byron Burke from drowning, she seals herself into his life debt. When the time comes to ask Byron for her freedom, her heart threatens to stand in the way of the last, best hope for her kind.

24 comments:

LesleyW said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my favourite books. :) And I have The Lovely Bones on my TBR pile.

Great Choices.

Katie Reus said...

I love that you said you'd bring your hubby with you! (I chose mine as one of my three things too)

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Lesley, you have awesome taste in books, and you will love "The Lovely Bones". Best read with a box of Kleenex, though.

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Thanks, Katie. We had our rough years early on, but honestly, my husband is my anchor in the storm. I'd truly be lost without him.

BreiaB said...

I'd bring my hubby as well.I have the Time Traveler's Wife on my TBR list.

Liane Gentry Skye said...

BreiaB, Time Traveller's wife is an amazing love story, I think you'll enjoy it a lot!

Mary G said...

Liane
Married to a Seal(the hottest alpha heroes in romance novels)!!
Lack of support for Autism is a hot issue here in Ontario Canada too. You sound like you have a very full life. Enjoy your time on the island.

Kaylea Cross said...

Hi Katie and Liane. Your hubbies should be thankful they're not married to me, because I'd drive them insane asking them a zillion questions for my manuscripts. As for taking your man along to the island...actually I think I'd be the one better suited to figuring out how to survive from all the special ops books I read. And he's not all that...handy. But don't tell my hubby I said that! I'll just deny it :)
Good on you, Liane, for finding the time to follow your dream.

Lea said...

Hey Liane!

Welcome to the island. :) Great post, I love your answers and I hope you enjoy a great stay.

Please don't enter me in the contest, I'm a Canadian, but I'll definitely look up Liane's book.

Looking forward to your interview tomorrow.

Best
L

The Brunette Librarian said...

I've never read a Secrets volume, but they look excellent! :)

Great taste in books too...i've just started TTW and am enjoying it. Can't wait for the movie!! :)

rachie2004 @ yahoo (dot) com

tetewa said...

I've read several Secrets volumes and have enjoyed them!

Lyoness2009 said...

I can't believe I've missed this Secrets volume! They are always a great time. :)

I completely agree with you on the commando + jeans thing...wink! Very hot!

lyoness2009 @ hot mail *dot* com

Tambra said...

Liane,
I loved your answers to the questions.

I'm thrilled about Secrets 27 finally arriving!

I'm looking forward to accumulating more of your writing.

Hugs,
Tambra

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Thanks, MaryG. Full, but mostly good. Sure, there are days LOL, but overall, I struck gold in the family lottery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

LOL, Kaylea, DH is my advisor for many of my manuscripts. I have one series in development featuring some paranormal SEAL types, and he's been a godsend in the world building.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm enjoying my stay on the island!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Lea, if you want to enter the drawing, I can substitute an ebook of my other July release, Wicked Temptation, for those of you who are out of country but want to play, too. Warning, though, it's a scorcher. ;)

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Rachie G, Tambra and Tetea. Thanks so much for stopping by. What I love about Secrets anthos is that they have four sexy, emotional romances from four genres...in this one, contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy. I always find something I love, and have found so many new authors from reading Secrets!

Thanks for stopping by!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Lyoness, so glad you're a Secrets fan. Another secret...I was a fan before I was an author, so seeing my name on a Secrets antho was a major thrill!

Titania Ladley said...

>>>Wicked Temptation - Warning, though, it's a scorcher. ;)

LOL, no kidding! *evil grin*

Hi there, DIK, howdy, Liane! Awesome interview -- love your 3 choices. Mine would probably be similar, although I'd sub a laptop with internet for pen and paper, and pizza (maybe) for the chocolate. Hubby would be a definite. :)

Congrats on the Vol. 27 release!

Titania

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Titania!!!! Sweetie, I'm surprised you don't melt a laptop a month with your red hot stories! :) (Ti Happens to be one of my series sisters in Three Kinds of Wicked!)

Tracy said...

Great post Katie and wonderful interview Liane!

I think it's wonderful that you're bringing your hubby. I'm sure his SEAL training will come in handy.

The accents would throw me too. There are so many that I just love it's hard to choose just one!

Have fun on your stay at the island!

Kytaira said...

Liane - I'm starting to feel like a stalker! Seriously though, all of the stories in this book sound great. You've managed to combine some of my favorite points - Mermaids, SEALS, hot hot... stuff. And I love that I've learned little tidbits like the manatee and glowing water.

Anonymous said...

the movie looks good
congrats on the book
hot cover
kh

Mike Davies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP