Monday, August 17, 2009

Bookworm's Five Great Bookish Heroes

Hello fellow islanders, it's my turn to post here at the DIK blog. *yay*
I'm The Bookworm and my blog is at http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

I've brought the fabulous Hugh Jackman along with me today to chat Fav Bookish Heroes. Who better than the sexiest man alive as inspiration for discussing fav heroes?
Hugh has just gotten his fine self out of the water...look at him go!!!! Let me help him dry off before I get my list started...... :)











Okay. When it comes to bookish heroes, I've got plenty of favorites, we could be here all day.
But for today, i've narrowed it down to five.

So here's my list of 5 great bookish heroes:

1. The Marquis of Alverstoke from Georgette Heyer's Frederica

The Marquis is a ladies man, rich and has a great sense of humor. He likes getting his uppity family in a huff and thinks it's fun riling them up a bit.


Then came Frederica, upsetting his cool calculations, thrusting responsibilities
upon him, intruding more and more into the ordered pattern of his life, and casting him into a state of unwelcome doubt. And, try as he would, he could discover no reason for this uncomfortable change in himself. She had more
countenance than beauty; she employed no arts to attract him; she was heedless
of convention; she was matter-of-fact, and managing, and not at all the sort of
female whom he had ever wished to encourage.



2. Frederick Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion
I've said it before, and i'll say it again, Wentworth writes a love letter like nobody's business.
And he's loved Anne for years even though they were apart.


I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant.


3. James Cordier from Your Scandalous Ways by Loretta Chase

Okay, this man is a British spy, master of disguises and speaks several languages...*ahem* Need I say more?

He couldn't be real.Greek and Roman statues looked like that, not living men. Mythical gods and demigods looked like that, not mortal men.But he was breathing. Hard. She watched his big chest rise and fall under his sopping shirt. The sodden linen was merely a veil clinging to his skin, hiding nothing. She could discern every taut line of muscle in his powerful shoulders and arms and torso.

(sounds like she's talking about Hugh right?)



4. Edward Cullen from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series.
I know, I know, I couldn't help but add Edward to my list. He's just perfection.

"I may not give you back, though," he said with a wicked glint in his eyes.I gulped.He laughed. "You look worried.""No," I said, but, ridiculously, my voice broke. Surprised, actually...what brought all this on?""I told you-I got tired of trying to stay away from you. So I'm giving up." He was still smiling, but his ocher eyes were serious."Giving up?" I repeated in confusion."Yes-giving up trying to be good. I'm just going to do what I want now, and let the chips fall where they may." His smile faded as he explained, and a hard edge crept into his voice."You lost me again."The breathtaking crooked smile reappeared.


5. Ryan Sanderson from Marie Force's Line of Scrimmage

Hmmmm...he's gorgeous, sexy, has been voted Sexiest Athlete Alive and he plays guitar. 'Nuff said!

He kissed her with a passion and thoroughness that took them both by surprise. She was startled to realize the almost chemical attraction they'd always had for each other had grown and intensified during thier long separation. His tongue tangled with hers, and the taste that was so uniquely his only fueled her desire for more. When she slid her hand into the back of his jeans, he moaned and tumbled down on top of her.






Well ladies, that's all for now. Stay tuned, Hugh and I will be back tomorrow to discuss fav heroes in film.

In the meantime I have to go, Hugh is calling me....

'What's that Hugh? You want to go skinny dipping?....ya don't have to ask me twice!'


5 comments:

LesleyW said...

I have to admit the only one I'd heard of was Edward Cullen. :blushes:

I like the idea of a bookish hero, though the only one I can think of, off the top of my head is Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife, who I imagined as being quite bookish.

Mary G said...

Oh yeah amrie Force's heroes are awesome. Have fun.

JennJ said...

Great list and ooooo LOVE those pics of the handsome Mr. Jackman whewww

Lea said...

Great list Naida!

I'm going to have to ponder your question for a bit.

Welcome back to the island!!

Best
L

The Bookworm said...

thanks ladies :O)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP