Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bookworm's Fav Heroes in Film





Hello Islanders. Today Hugh and I will be discussing Fav Heroes in Film.

We all have our favorites...here are just a few of mine...



1. James McAvoy playing Tom Lefroy in Becoming Jane.


He plays Jane Austen's love interest, and says things like:

What value will there ever be in life, if we are not together?







2. Leonardo DiCaprio playing Romeo in Romeo + Juliet.

Oh Leo! So passionate, so beautiful!


Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty.







3. Johnny Depp playing Capt.Jack Sparrow.


Everyones favorite pirate.

Ladies! Will you please shut it? Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced "egregious". By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but I love his pies. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?








4. Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine


He's angry, he's tortured, yet he's got a heart of gold beneath that rough exterior.


I thought you were the Moon and I was your Wolverine. Turns out you're the Trickster, and I'm just the fool who got played.







5. Brad Pitt playing Tristan Ludlow in Legends of the Fall.

Tristan is the sexy bad boy who women fall in love with. And look at that hair!







6. Gerard Butler playing Gerry in P.S. I Love You

The man writes some fantastic love letters.


Dear Holly, I don't have much time. I don't mean literally, I mean you're out buying ice cream and you'll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you









7. Ryan Gosling playing Noah Calhoun in The Notebook


Another fabulous love letter writer. *sigh*

My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. -Noah





Okay, so those are a few of my fav Fav Heroes in Film. Who are your favorites?

I'm off now, Hugh wants to take me for a walk on the beach then read me a bit of poetry.




12 comments:

Lea said...

Great choices Naida! I Love Cap't Jack too, and Gerard Butler? Well yum.

Heroes in film for me would be:

Cary Grant in just about anything. lol

Hugh Jackman in that time travel film with Meg Ryan (name of film escapes me), I need more island java...

Clive Owen as "King Arthur"..

Matt Damon in the Bourne Films...

Brendan Fraser in the first two Mummy movies...

Great post..

Best
L

KT Grant said...

Excellent choices! I would also say Colin Firth as Marc Darcy in Briget Jones' Diary.

Jenre said...

What a lovely post!

I would add Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Sean Connery as James bond.

Anonymous said...

Great post!
Johnny - woot!! :o)

Matthew Macfadyen in "Pride & Prejudice"

Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan

Shane West in "A Walk to Remember"

Clark Gable in "Gone With The Wind"

Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman"

Jude Law in "The Holiday"

Edward Norton in "The Painted Veil"

Hugh Jackman in "Someone Like You"

I could go on and on...
:o)

MsM

Jen said...

Great choice with Ryan Gosling (Noah Calhoun)!! He is definitely my pick.

I would maybe add Leonardo DiCaprio (Jack Dawson) from Titanic and Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy) from Pride and Prejudice.

Krista said...

That was a pretty cool post! I love all the ones you picked, too cool! Heath Ledger in A Kinghts Tale is one I would have to add!

Kate Diamond said...

Gerard Butler = tasty cakes. You really need to see "Dear Frankie." It is fabulous, and he is fabulous in it.

Tracy said...

I'm sorry, did you write something? I was just staring at the photos! lol

Just kidding. Those are all great heroes. But I have to say that Leonard Whiting in Franco Zefirelli's version of Romeo and Juliet is my all time fav Romeo. Dude, that butt. *sigh* lol

Shaymless Aymless said...

*sigh* Who wouldn't love Jack Sparrow.

The Bookworm said...

lea: that Hugh Jackman film is called Kate and Leopold, it's a good one.

Clive Owen as Arthur, yes! I forgot!

katiebabs: yes, gotta love colin!

jenre: great choices!!

msmoonlight: fabulous choices! I love Hugh in Someone Like You.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

The Bookworm said...

jen: yes, Leo in Titanic :)

Krista: yes, love Heath!

Kate: I'm going to have to check that one out.

Tracy: lol.... :)
i'll have to check that version out!

amyless: I think we all like Jack Sparrow :)

Mary G said...

Dougray Scott in Ever After. Yummy.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP