Monday, October 3, 2011

Jill Sorenson's Unusual Settings

Hi there DIK! It’s great to be back.

If you’re familiar with my books, you know that most of them are set in San Diego County, where I live. My latest two releases with Harlequin Romantic Suspense take readers on a bit of a detour.

Stranded with Her Ex is set at the Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco. I like to include realistic details and this is my harshest setting by far. It’s stormy, inhospitable, and surrounded by sharks. Not exactly a romantic getaway.

An exotic wildlife preserve is a dream come true for conservation biologist Daniela Flores. Until she finds out her ex-husband is leading the research team. World-famous shark expert Sean Carmichael has only grown more ruggedly appealing in the time they were apart…the passion between them more intense than ever. But how could Daniela forgive Sean for betraying her when she needed him most?

Sean had come to the remote Farallon Islands to study killer sharks. Now a real killer is on the loose, threatening the woman he’s never stopped loving. And this time, he knows he can’t walk away. Marooned together during a deadly storm, Sean vows to go to hell and back to save Daniela…and for the chance to begin again.

Tempted by His Target is set south of the border, along Mexico’s Pacific Coast. Rather than being “stranded,” this couple is on the run. They’re chased by hitmen all the way to the Guatemalan border, with no five-star resorts in sight.

He could deliver her unharmed...but not untouched

Wanted for the murder of a Mexican drug lord's son, party girl Isabel Sanborn fled to Oaxaca. Now she owes her life to Brandon Knox, a passing tourist who just saved her from a hit man.

But Knox is no accidental hero-he's an undercover U.S. Marshal assigned to bring Isabel to justice. Instead, wanting to protect her, he joins her on the lam...with cartel goons and corrupt police in hot pursuit!

And as the danger escalates, sexual tension sizzles. For the first time in his career, Brandon considers jeopardizing his mission to safeguard his target. And though Isabel can elude the authorities, she can't escape her feelings...

Both have unique settings, dangerous situations, and steamy sex. If you want to be entered to win a print copy of either title, leave a comment below.

What’s your favorite type of setting for a romance novel? Do you like road romances or reunion stories? Cold, rainy islands or a hot, muggy jungle? Shark expert heroes or undercover lawmen?

Giveaway: Two new books – two winners. Just leave a comment on this post, along with your email address and which print book you’d like to win, no later than 7pm on Wednesday, October 5 to enter to win.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I think my favourtie romances are suspensful ones where the hero is up front and centre. I find generally they are on the run with thier charge that they are suppose to be protecting.

I would love to get a copy of Tempted by his target. Seems like it will be a great read.

warr5230@gmail.com

ClaudiaGC said...

I think I like it all, well nearly. ;) I've certainly got my favourites like road romances or cabin romances (I love it when the h/h have to stay together) but that's the great thing with romances. There is such a diversity.

I'd love to win a copy of Tempted By His Target. I loved Stranded With Her Ex (the shark expert was hot *g*). Thanks for the giveaway.

claudigc at msn dot com

Mariee said...

I love reading romances that are set in exotic locations throughout the world. I also really like alpha heroes, unusual heroes and stories where the hero and heroine are on the run.

Would love to win a copy of Stranded With Her Ex.

marieimy (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I like so many different settings but an undercover lawman in a hot, wet rainy jungle does it for me. Thanks for the giveaway. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com

chey said...

I like romantic suspense.
Both books are tempting! I'd love to win Stranded with her Ex.
chey127 at hotmail dot com

Jill Sorenson said...

Thanks ladies! The winners have been notified.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP