Friday, October 21, 2011

Culture Shock

Understandably, Korean society and American society aren't exactly the same. I arrived knowing that, but there was one thing I didn't expect to be so different. . . . . .

The male population.

The above picture may be a gross over-exaggeration of what men are like here in Korea, but let me tell you, none of them are even remotely close to men of American standards. The majority of the guys here are more feminine than I am. And if you don't believe me, please allow me to give my extrapolations.

Exhibit A: The infamous earring
In terms of dating material, you know you're in trouble when your boyfriend wears more jewelry than you do. There are two different types of body piercings: the badass kind (see Josh Beech), and the incredibly girly kind. Looking at the photo, which do you think I classify Korean guys as?

Exhibit B: Le super super super skinny jeans
My only concern here, is that his butt looks better in these pants than mine does. That, and the fact that his family jewels may be suffocating a little (a LOT).

Exhibit C: The straightenings, the perms, the root-to-tip dye jobs
I just.... I can't even....... o.O

Exhibit D: The manigan (man + cardigan)
At least I know if I ever run out of things to wear, I can always borrow his clothes every once in a while.

So fashion-forward, these guys, no? I'm sure there are some more "American" guys here... I've yet to find one, however!

til tomorrow,

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

That is..shocking, yes shocking. I hope you find at least one guy :)

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP