Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bleh

After moving twice in less than six months, I've hit a bit of a rough spot in my reading habits. I love to read; do it as much as I can, but I seem to have hit a brick wall lately.

I've read some good books. Thea Harrison comes to mind. But I'm not reading anywhere near as much as I did before the move to Michigan. Not only that, but I haven't found the "spot" yet. You know, the place I go to buy books. There aren't anywhere near as many used bookstores here. In fact, I haven't found a single one. This is sad to me, because I love used bookstores. *sigh*

So, I'm looking for recommendations to bring me out of this reading funk I find myself in. Romance is key...but at this point I'll read almost anything but self-help. I'm not much of a self-help kinda girl.

4 comments:

LesleyW said...

As someone who's in a reading funk herself, I'm not sure how much help I'll be. But recently I've gone back to reading Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series and am loving it.

Bridget Locke said...

I tried reading Jim Butcher, but couldn't get into him. I think it was a me, not him kind of thing. :P

Here's hoping one of these days I'll get back in the groove!

Aurian said...

Try the latest Jennifer Ahsley, really very good, especially if you like a tormented hero.

Penny Watson said...

Hi Bridget! I also hit a big reading wall this summer. What bumped me out of it was the Liam Campbell mystery series by Dana Stabenow. Very good mysteries, with romance, and cool stuff about Alaska. There are only 4 books in the series so far. I loved them! (The hero is a hot Alaskan state trooper).

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP