Monday, February 7, 2011

Danger & Secrets

Edited to Add: Stephanie! is the winner of my contest! Congrats and thanks for stopping by. Please contact me at katiereus (@) yahoo .com (no spaces).

Thanks to Tracy and the ladies at Desert Island Keepers for hosting me today! Not long ago I was a member of this awesome island but thanks to life and new, fun deadlines I had to take a step back from a few things. Luckily Tracy still likes me and is letting me hang out. ;)


Today is very exciting for me! Dangerous Secrets, my first release from Carina Press, is officially out. My alter ego has had plenty of releases the past couple years, but ‘Katie’ hasn’t had a release since 2009 so this is doubly exciting! In addition to being a digital release, Dangerous Secrets will also be available from Audible.com (though I don’t have an exact date yet).


A big theme in this story is Danger and Secrets (hence the title). I LOVE when characters keep secrets in novels. It adds to the suspense and intrigue in often times already tense situations (especially in romantic suspense). I’m not a fan of big misunderstandings in books but as far as secrets go, the bigger the better.


In Dangerous Secrets the hero is keeping a big secret from the heroine. At first the lying makes him uncomfortable but the longer he’s around her and the more he gets to know her, the harder it gets to be deceitful. Since I hate liars (who doesn’t?) I found that it was a fine line writing this story and making sure the hero didn’t come off as a jerk (and still paid for his transgressions at the end).


So, what exactly is this story about?




Isabelle Ballantine has been fighting for independence since she was old enough to walk. Now that she’s finally out from under her father’s shadow, she won’t let anyone stand in her way. It’s tough living on her own, working in a bar and keeping her true identity a secret, but things start to look up when a sexy new stranger walks into her life. After working side by side for weeks, Izzy can’t figure out why he won’t make a move.


To cinch the deal of a lifetime, Adam Marcellus agrees to help Izzy’s eccentric father convince his daughter to move home. He’d assumed Izzy would be another spoiled rich princess, but he’s surprised to discover his feelings for her are stronger than anything he’s ever experienced. When a deranged stalker targets her, Adam finds himself fighting not only an unknown threat – but an unexpected attraction to the one woman he can’t have.



A little about me:
I’ve been reading romance since I was a kid and the addiction followed me into adulthood. I write sexy paranormal romance and fast-paced romantic suspense. Dangerous Secrets (2/7/11) is my first release from Carina Press and in early 2012 my first book in a paranormal trilogy will release from Signet Eclipse (NAL/Penguin). To learn more about me please visit my website, my blog, or find me on twitter @katiereus.


Since DIK is hosting me today I’d like to give away a book from my back list to one winner! Just leave a comment about secrets, books, or what you love about romance and I’ll enter you. The winner will be announced in the comments section tomorrow by noon (eastern). Thanks for stopping by and thanks again to Tracy for having me!

20 comments:

Anne said...

Happy release day!

I love both paranormal romance and romantic suspense. My ideal is the combination of the two.

Kaylea Cross said...

Hey Katie! Happy release day :)
Big hugs! xo

Bookwyrm369 said...

Congrats on your new release! Like you, I don't really like books with big misunderstandings - it's just not believable that the h/h would never address it for the length of a book! But secrets are always fun - finding out what they are, how will they be revealed, how will they react is always fun for the reader!

smaccall @ comcast.net

Katie Reus said...

Thanks for stopping by Anne! I definitely love a RS and paranormal combo :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks, Kaylea! :)

Katie Reus said...

The reaction after the lie comes out is always my favorite part, Sarah! I love a good blow up :) Thanks for stopping by today!

RFTC Blog said...

I too am not the biggest fan of misunderstandings. I like it when my h/h talk to eachother. I hate it when there is a simply problem that could have been fixed by one of them simply speaking up. It is not believeable to me that one of them just simply would not have said something.

iqb99@yahoo.com

Tracy said...

I'm definitely not a fan of liars in books so I can't imagine how hard, knowing you feel the same way, it was to write someone who is! You pulled it off beautifully. :)

Don't include me in the giveaway. ;)

And you're always welcome here - you know that! :)

Izzy said...

Congrats on the release! I love romances because they always happy endings...something you don't always find in real life.

bradunwanted at yahoo dot com

Estella said...

Congrats on your new release.
I don't like liars and am not a fan of secrets---fictional or otherwise.

Jessica said...

Secrets are such an intriguing concept when it comes to romance books. They reveal so much about characters, strengthening plot and creating suspense!

jsididia @ gmail . com

Cathy M said...

Happy Release Day! Reading romance stories keep me sane, lol, so thanks for letting me disappear into the worlds that you create and live though your sexy characters. So glad this is part of a series. From the excerpts I read, you've got another winner on your hands.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Katie Reus said...

I agree Danielle! If a simple conversation can clear things up, I lose interest :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks, Tracy! I'm glad the story came through the way I envisioned. :)

Katie Reus said...

One of the main reasons I love romance too, Izzy! Love your name, btw :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks for stopping by Estella! You probably wouldn't like Dangerous Secrets then b/c it's all about the secrets ;)

Katie Reus said...

I agree, secrets can definitely reveal a lot about a character, especially if it's clear why a character is keeping secrets. I think it can so much depth to someone :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Cathy! :)

Karielle Stephanie said...

Hi Katie! So great to see you here...congrats on the release!! :)

What I love about romance is that it's an escape that can fulfill fantasies. But at the same time, I love how it can parallel with reality, connecting with my own love life, to make the story an even bigger thrill.

Stephanie
thestephanieloves AT gmail DOT com

Katie Reus said...

Thanks for stopping by Stephanie and you're actually the winner of the contest so congrats!! Please contact me at katiereus (@) yahoo .com (no spaces).

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP