Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Guest Author K Z Snow Intro: Day 1

(or Kris pretends that she can actually be serious enough to do this reader/author thing)

Today I’m pleased to have one of my favourite
people to insult drinking buddies m/m authors here at DIK.

K Z Snow come on down, grab a drink and pull up a sun lounge!

K Z in a nutshell:
Loving language led me from being a grad student in English to a teacher to an editor to a rather bad poet to a happy purveyor of quality smut for the discriminatingly oversexed. My recent passion has been m/m erotic romance.

Favourite Reading Position? In bed, dog alongside me (four-legged dog, that is; I've had too many of the bipedal variety).

Favourite Heroine?
Why is Kris asking me about heroines? I'm currently taking a break from heroines.

Author everyone loves but you don’t? Stephenie Meyer, who became an "author" on a whim. Not everybody loves her, though - thank whatever god governs good taste. After that would come Shakespeare. (Seems kind of blasphemous to mention them both in the same paragraph, doesn't it?)

If you could be in one book/series/world which
would you pick? Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

How old is your inside voice? I don't know. My inside voice won't tell. It's very age-conscious.

If you could be a hero who would you be? Ennis del Mar, so I could tell Jack Twist, "Hell yeah, let's get that ranch together and live happily ever after." Not to mention so I could get jiggy with Jake Gyllenhaal.

What heroine is most like you? I'd have to pick Lauren Rose, from my Cerridwen Press romantic comedy Mrs. Claws. (This isn't shameless pimpage, honest. It stands to reason that one of a writer's own heroines would be more like her than somebody else's creation.)

What heroine would you like to be?
Anita Blake, so I could kill myself.


Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando)? Boxer briefs. That's all she wrote.

Favourite book set on a tropical island? I can't think of too many, but Lord of the Flies, as depressing as it is, would have to be the one.

What hero is most like your significant other? Is there a hero who's an ex-Army Ranger with a stick up his butt?

What hero would you like to be your significant other?
Just pick one from any romance novel. I'll take him.

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring? A two-bedroom house (I'll get back to you on the specs), a desalinization plant manned by workers of my choosing, and the Library of Congress. That better be one big-ass island.

Favourite drink to bring to the DIK party? Oh, I am such a plebe. I like beer. I especially like Sprecher's Black Bavarian, but most any microbrewery beer or Leinenkugel's product will do.

Look out for my awesome interview with KZ tomorrow, which is only slightly longer than the Titanic movie btw.

In the meantime go check out her books here, here, here and here. *Dear God. It's a veritable plethora of linkage!*

22 comments:

Jenre said...

Hi KZ

Welcome to the island. I can't wait to see what Kris has got in store for you tomorrow.

I must be the only woman who hasn't read the Twilight books and strangely enough, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything. Except perhaps being able to join in with the general scorn.

Kris said...

You make it sound as though you think I'll deliberately try and make KZ's life hell, Jen. You'll give people the wrong impression of me.

Jenre said...

Or maybe the right impression :p.

Average Reader said...

Hi, KZ and Kris! Fun post. Great "island" themed questions, Kris, ha, ha!

I actually read the first Twilight book and it wasn't all that bad. Stay away the New Moon movie though (and probably the other books) -- the unrelenting mopiness of it all!

I had to let out a huge laugh (really - almost spewed coffee on my keyboard) at favorite book set on a desert island. Lord of the Flies??? Talk about WAY depressing!

Clare London said...

Hmm...I read Twilight#1 too, and found it a reasonable read, but although I have #2, I don't seem to have got around to it yet ^_~.

Well, hell, if KZ brings all that to the island, all the rest of us will get bumped off!

Looking forward to the rest of your visit! :)

Tam said...

I've never read Twilight. My daughter read them all but got progressively more frustrated with them as they went along. But she was 13, she was the target audience, I hope.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

K. Z. Snow said...

Hi, everybody! I didn't think I was off to a particularly late start (it's 8 a.m. here), but since it's already next week in Australia, I should've known this would go live at some ridiculous hour. LOL

Y'know, what bugs me most about Stephenie Meyer is something I heard in an interview with her. She was apparently content to be a well-to-do Mormon housewife before she became a celebrity. She admitted she never had any desire to write and just decided to fiddle-faddle around with it after having had a dream.

Far as I'm concerned, authors who start writing on a whim, just to fill time, don't qualify as writers.

K. Z. Snow said...

Kris, it's nice to see you won't get away with that "I'm all sweetness and light" persona around here. Too many people know you. Ha.

Val, I did have second thoughts about mentioning Lord of the Flies, but I liked it more than Treasure Island or Robinson Crusoe. My choices were kind of limited. ;-)

Chris said...

I'm with you on the Stephenie Meyer thing. Um, explain to me again why a book about a creepy controlling stalker and his passive doormat of a girlfriend is a good read?

You probably have the best "what I'm bringing to the island" list ever!

*choke snort* about Anita Blake. YES!

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to the island! I've never read the Anita Blake series but your answer made me laugh! I think it's the most creative answer we've had to that question :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Hi, Chris! Glad I'm not alone. I was beginning to think my judgment was impaired. ;-)

Thank you for the welcome, Katie. Oy, Anita Blake. I've encountered plenty of annoying heroines--I suspect we all have--but never one that made me grind my molars down to stubs. After struggling through two of those books, I had to give up on the series. I was racking up too high a dental bill.

(Word Verification: bazziers. ROFL! I've known people who've used that pronunciation!)

Chris said...

Oh, you gave up on AB only two books in? Heh. Things didn't really GET ugly until something like 11 books in, when ya start seeing books that only cover two hours of elapsed time, 99.9% of that spent in bed... and managing to be boring.

K. Z. Snow said...

Chris, that bitch irritated the hell out of me from the get-go!

Kris said...

This. *jabs finger* This is why I have insomnia. Because you are all talk rudely about me when I'm sleeping.


"Kris, it's nice to see you won't get away with that "I'm all sweetness and light" persona around here."

You really think you should talk to me like that when you have 2 and a bit days left here at DIK? I've told you about my grudge thing right??

K. Z. Snow said...

Pah. I sneer at you. I'm wearing my grudgeproof vest.

Chris said...

*kicks back, puts up feet, breaks out the popcorn & beer, and settles in for the show*

Kris said...

*ignoring the blond*

KZ, you do realise that I have full editorial control over the interview right? Full. Control. You better watch yourself. Just sayin'.

K. Z. Snow said...

And you realize I can get Castanet wound up with just a few well-chosen words, right?

If I were to speak those words with your name included, and say, "Fly, Castanet, fly!" you wouldn't have control over nothin'-- starting with your bowels.

You've already pushed the envelope by bringing up smegma after I warned you not to.

Kris said...

Warning? I thought it was a dare. Go figure.

Tracy said...

Welcome to the Island KZ! I love that you would be Anita Blake so you could kill yourself. Too funny!

Lea said...

Welcome to the Island KZ! Great answers to the initiation questions. ;)

Looking forward to reading your posts KZ.

Best
L

Jeanne said...

AWK! I'm late for your big event.
Please don't beat me up.
I was trying to defrost my fingers and forgot that I could do that at the DIK!
Please forgive me, KZ or I'll commit opticide*
Word veri:
opticide: the opportunity to opt out of your responsibilities pretending to beat yourself over the head with a wet noodle.

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP