Sunday, October 4, 2009

Clare London Day One - All About Me

Today I'm thrilled to introduce one of my very favourite m/m authors, Clare London. Not only does she write wonderful books, but she is a fellow Brit and possibly one of the nicest, kindest, supportive authors I've ever met. I first got to know Clare when I emailed her after reading one of her stories and we've become good friends since then. So without further ado, I'll hand you over to lovely Clare.

Hi there everyone.
I’m thrilled to be invited on to the island this week, I’ve crammed everything into my suitcase and I’m ready to introduce myself. After all, these questions were fun! But you weren’t just asking for one answer each time, were you? I mean, were you? *cough*. A couple of the questions ran away with me. Am I loose-tongued? Indecisive? Or just plain greedy? Feel free to let me know…

Favorite Reading Position?
In bed. Alone, except for my ereader and my fictional heroes, though don’t tell Hubby that.

Favorite Heroine?
Stephanie Plum, the bounty hunter from Janet Evanovich’s books. And if I can’t be her, I want to be Grandma. I’ll pack my own gun. Do I have to learn a New Jersey accent?

Author everyone loves but you don’t.
Dan Brown (I was rather chastened to find at least 6 names sprang to mind at this question).

If you could be in one book/series/world which would you pick?
Stephanie Plum’s! Or maybe the angel world of Samaria in the Sharon Shinn books. Or back to St Mary Mead with Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple…

How old is your inside voice?
21 and 4 months.

If you could be a hero who would you be?
Jack Reacher in the Lee Child books. My book ‘Freeman’ is my homage to that man, that author, that style of fiction. OK, so I’ll never be over 6 foot, built like a brick s**thouse, an ace fighter and alluring lover (well, I’m working on one of those and it’s not the 6 foot thing….), but I enter one of those books with the delight of knowing I’m someone else totally for a while. And that’s a kick-ass hero with no one waiting at home for me to hang out the washing.

What heroine is most like you?
I so don’t want to be one of those TSTL heroines, but I’m not very heroic material. I get lost easily, I get scared in the face of physical danger (you know, like having dental work), and although I reckon I know what to do in a crisis, it’s often the wrong thing (according to hubby). So I won’t tar any poor heroine with my character traits.

What heroine would you like to be?
One of the ones who doesn’t get lost, is brave in the face of torture (like dental work) and ALWAYS knows what to do in a crisis. But still looks sexy *lol*. I’d like to look like I imagine Stephanie Plum does. She wears jersey tops and teased hair like I wish I could. Oh, and did I mention she fascinates both Joe Morelli and Ranger? A girl could have a worse aim in life.

Boxers, Briefs, boxer briefs, kilt (I say we add commando)?
Commando. Boxer briefs a close second. Tell you what, ask the guy to take them off and I’ll make a scientific comparison.

Favorite book set on a tropical island.
I can’t think of any except Lord of the Flies (was it?) and The Beach LOL. Can I stretch the tropical theme and have Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassen? Or am I just exposing the fact I’m geographically-challenged? I’m sure there are tropical islands in Florida…

What hero is most like your significant other?
James Bond. No, really. Well, my SO is the first man I’d turn to in a crisis – when I’m lost and facing the torture-thing - and what’s more, he has a fine sense of direction so I could rely on him to get us out of it. Oh, and he’d love the Aston Martin.

What hero would you like to be your significant other?
None. I have my hero already J

If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you bring?
Coffee, laptopwithinternetconnection (that’s only one thing, right?) and toast. Damn, that means no marmalade on the toast, I’ve used up my 3 things, never mind.

Favorite drink to bring to the DIK party
Crème de menthe frappe. So call me pretentious. But I love it and it’s also good for indigestion after living on all that coffee and toast.

You can visit Clare London here
http://www.clarelondon.co.uk
or at her blog .
http://clarelondon.livejournal.com/

19 comments:

Kris said...

*puts on lab coat and sits down next Clare* Hello Doctor.

Let the experiment begin. Boys start the declothing.

Any time now.

Don't be shy.

This is for science after all.

Jenre said...

I think we may be onto something here. Perhaps all heroes on the island should be subject to frequent 'inspections'. I don't mind coordinating this. Out of the goodness of my heart and of love for my fellow islanders I'm prepared to spend a few hours each week making sure that the men are all in tip-top condition.

Not that I'm a qualified doctor or anything, but surely no-one will mind that.

Chrissy said...

Hi Stephanie, oh wait...Clare.

laptopwithinternetconnection (that’s only one thing, right?) sneaky, definitely sneaky.

It's always fascinating to read your blog postings. I have to laugh - when Kris put on the lab coat I thought she was going to analyze your answers.

Tam said...

"None. I have my hero already J"

*sniff* *sniff* How romantic. :-D

Everyone always talks about this Stephanie Plum chick and I've never read one of those book. Huh.

And you ladies are nasty. Using your powers for evil on the island. Leave those poor boys alone. I alreayd checked 'em and they are FINE. I mean that F I N E. :-P

lisabea said...

I'm popping in to say: Stephanie Plum. Me too. Ranger or Joe, Clare?

(or Ranger and Joe, no Steph).

Carolyn Crane said...

What wonderful answers! Yay Stephanie Plum! And so sweet that your hubby is like 007 for you!!

So fun having you here. I'm looking forward hearing about your writing!!!

Clare London said...

Hi all! What a lovely welcome! :)

Kris: I'm so glad you understood I was only thinking of the *science*.

*cough*

I mean, we all need some kind of control group to make any sensible decisions on such a significant issue, right?

Jen: you made me blush with your intro!!!! That suitcase was beige until I stood next to it. But I must make it clear it was *my* idea to do the scientific study, and so *I* should be the one to assist your inspections. My qualifications? I've played 'Operation' in the past. Oh, and I have spent a modest amount of time at various websites...you know, anatomically expressive ones :).

Chrissy! *hugs* I see no problem about the laptop thing. I mean, my wireless card is welded to my heart, according to Hubby. ^_~

Clare London said...

Tam: that's me, Ms Romantic (despite his snoring). You MUST read some Stephanie! I know you'd like it. Fun and cute. Just like us :).

Lisabea: Hi there, love! Glad to meet another fan :). I'm sorry, but my heart went to Joe around book#2 and has stayed there ever since. But yeah, the scope for slash...omg. Not sure how I feel about that LOL.

CC: *hehe* When I told hubby he was going to be enshrined in popular net culture at DIK he rolled his eyes. But maybe he was flattered. Like Bond, he has to play it cool... :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Hiya, Clare!

Have you any secrets left? I mean, aside from that one involving three sherpas, a snow cave, yak blubber, and that long-handled... Whoops, I'd better stop now or you won't have that one, either.

Nice to see you again, lovey!

Lea said...

Welcome to the island Clare, loved your answers!

I'll look forward to reading your work!!

Have fun on the island!!

LesleyW said...

Hi Clare,

I never realised you were a fellow Brit. :)

Clare London said...

KZ - but you *promised* you wouldn't tell anyone about THAT....

You remember? In return for me not telling anyone about you and the garlic mayonnaise, the sequinned thong and the entire cast of... anyway, mum's the word :). Or maybe "payback" is.

*love you*

Clare London said...

Lea: I'm having too much fun to go home, I reckon! :)
*Jen rolls her eyes in horror*

Lesley: Yes, born and bred and living in London! We Brits must stick together. After all, we don't get much chance to spend time on a desert island over *here*. :)

Mary G said...

Hi Clare
What a great interview. Love your humor. I'm starting to read more M/M. I'll check your books out for sure.

Clare London said...

Hi Mary! Thanks so much for dropping in. If you're relatively new to M/M, you're going to find a fabulous treasure trove out there...let us know how it goes! :)

jessewave said...

Clare
Sorry to be late - you know I'm late for everything.:)

Stephanie Plum is one of my fave heroines. I prefer for her to end up with Ranger.

Tam you really need to get with the program - you have never heard of Stephanie? I think they're at book 15 now.

Clare London said...

Waves at Wave! :) Great to see you.

It's never too late, I say! Though I think if that Stephanie woman continues to tease both Joe and Ranger for much longer...
Well, I'll be there to pick up the pieces.

With you on my heels, I daresay :).

Tracy said...

I'm so behind that I missed Clare's visit all together. Well that sucks! lol Let me just say that Clare...those were fabulous answers - very funny. And I will absolutely be there to assist you in you experiment.

Clare London said...

Tracy, how can you miss my visit? I'm still here *lmao*. Though I have this horrible suspicion Jen's going to see me either side of this very narrow palm tree, so I may need to find another hiding place...

Thanks for saying hi, and please sign the waiting list for the boxer/commando scientific experiment work. You know, just there at the bottom of page #325.
:)

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP