Monday, June 22, 2009

Yeah another one!!!

Alright ladies and vistors let's give another warm welcome to Lea our newest member!!! Her application is below for your viewing pleasure!

1. What is the screen name that you want to go by? Lea

2. What is your date of birth? April 29th

3. What are your 5 favorite books?

“Wicked Burn”, by Beth Kery
“Outlander”, by Diana Gabaldon
“Pleasure Unbound”, by Larissa Ione
“Riders”, by Jilly Cooper
“Shibumi”, by Trevanian

4. Which heroes would you bring to the island and why?

‘Eidolon’ from Larissa Ione’s “Pleasure Unbound”: Eidolon, for me epitomizes the “tortured hero”, he is a physician and therefore the creed he lives by is to heal and save others. However, the clock was ticking down to the S’Genesis, a change all “Seminus Demons”, go through at 100 years of age. If they are not mated so their inherent need for sex is satisfied then they go through a metamorphosis and not only change physically but rape without care or real understanding of what they are doing. Eidolon has no mate and knows his days are numbered, his career will be no more and he will be lost to “Underworld General Hospital”, where he is the lynchpin keeping his other half brothers together and the facility itself running. Then he saves Tayla Mancuso, a demon slayer and a woman who he should hate and destroy.

Eidolon is a beautiful, kind and sensitive character, despite the dark urges he fights as a demon, he is willing to give it all up for the one he loves. However, at the end of the day, Tayla and Eidolon save each other. I loved his character.

‘Vic’ from Beth Kery’s “Wicked Burn”: I love eccentric, volatile, strong heroes in a romance novel and for me “Vic”, exemplifies all of those things. While he made mistakes and communicated poorly at times during his early relationship with Niall, he had reason given his personal and relationship history. His sexual dominance of Niall was what she needed to basically revive her. I just loved his creative nature in and out of the bedroom, and his rugged handsomeness.

Nicholai Hel from “Shibumi”: Nicholai Hel was the first male hero I truly feel in love with (I read this book in the 70’s). Shibumi isn’t a romance per se; it is a “super spy thriller”. Hel was born in the ravages of WWI China and raised in the spiritual gardens of a Japanese Go master. He survived the destruction of Hiroshima to emerge as the world’s most artful lover and accomplished, highly paid assassin. Hel’s character is written as a mystic, as well as a master of language and culture. He lives in an isolated mountain fortress with his magnificent Eurasian mistress, “Hanna”. What can I say? Despite Hel’s history and background, he absolutely adores Hanna and she him, who she calls “Nikko”. Even when Hanna loses her sight in a blast, he loves and cares for her.

Rupert Campbell Black from “Riders”: Rupert Campbell Black is written as an “upper class”, British rake that dabbles in horses, investments and women, in that order. The guy is, excuse the pun, but a “stallion”, pretty much has any woman he wants and makes sure they, along with himself are well serviced. Plus he is inordinately rich and brilliant, and lives very well. What I love about this character is his dry rapier wit he cracked me up, not to mention he is drop dead gorgeous. Rupert doesn’t actually fall in love until the second book in the series “Rivals”, but he is one of the main characters and up to no good in “Riders”. I love a rake, and it is equally satisfying when they fall for that special heroine.

Vane Kattalakis from Sherilyn Kenyon’s “Night Play”: This book is probably my favorite of the SLK novels because of Vane. He sees Bride for the beautiful woman that she is and, in fact, loves the fact she isn’t ‘model’ thin. Plus Vane is hot, as in handsome, seductive and devoted to his mate. You gotta love the devotion of those wolf shape changers. ;) Finally, I love motorcycles and he rides one.

5. What is your favorite movie that is based on book?

Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers.

6. Name one fun thing you would bring to the island?

My Blowfish Bikini Top – my Chinese Crested dog “Tori”….. She is high maintenance but fun… ;)

7. Why are you interested in coming to the island?

I think DIK is a fabulous unique blog and I always stop by and read your interesting and fun posts. I’ve been introduced to new to me authors that I have enjoyed through visits to DIK. The way you have set up the author posts is excellent and I think it allows them the flexibility to be creative. The contributions by those of you who are island members are equally fun and always interesting. Being a relatively new Blogger, I am learning every day and have come to admire the diversity at DIK, you seem to make room for everyone’s input and style. Plus there is obviously a deep-seated love of literature in all its forms among DIK members.

If accepted as a member I think I would bring a love of literature and blogging to the island. I would hope to make a meaningful contribution to the best of my ability. In addition, I love the beach and make a mean Shirley Temple… ;)

You can visit Lea at: http://lea-closetwriter.blogspot.com/

Again if you wish to join in the fun you can go here we are still taking apps. In the mean time all the ladies and menz will be on the beach partying it up with our latest member!

19 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome, Lea!!

Lea said...

Thank you so much for the welcome Sarai!

I am so excited to be accepted as a member of DIK and looking forward to participating in the fun!!

Thank you Chris! :)

L

Carolyn Crane said...

Yay Lea!! Glad to have you and your little buddy! Keep him away from the werewolves.

Sarai said...

Welcome to da island! We're very excited to have you with us Lea... Now can I borrow the blowfish top? I think my menz would love it!

Lea said...

Thank you CJ!

Tori will be carefully guarded from any werewolves straying from the pack! I, however will be delighted to invite one in human form to my cabana! ;)

L

Sarai, thank you soo much!

I am so looking forward to my island vacations. And, you can borrow my blowfish bikini top any time you like. Just give me advanced notice because I wear it of suburban drudgery duties too. ;)

Thank you again. :)

L

Anonymous said...

*tossing confetti*
Way to go Lea! :o)

Unknown said...

Congrats Lea!!!!!!!!!

Kati said...

*passes margarits*

Welcome Lea! It's lovely to have you here on the island!

*looks longingly at Vic*

Vic and I had two glorious nights together before I heartlessly tossed him away. I can tell you, he's good with pearls! :wink:

Amanda said...

Congratulations Lea!

Lea said...

Thanks Ms.M.!! I'm happy they allow confetti here on the island. ;)

L

Thanks so much Ann Marie!

L

Hi Katie!

Thank you for the welcome and the special island Margarita.

**sigh** Vic - Two whole nights? Be still my beating heart. Pearls are't the only thing Vic is good with... lol

::winking back::

L

Thank you Amanda!

L

Jenre said...

Hi Lea
Welcome to the island! I LOVE that bikini!

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to the island!! Love your blowfish top ;)

Lea said...

Hi Jenre!

Thank you so much! I think it's the placement of the lips on my blowfish bikini top that make it unique. Don't you? lololol ;)

Glad you like it!

L

Thank you for the welcome Katie!

Well, I kinda thought the blowfish top was perfect "island wear", given all the naked menz and such. lol As I said to Sarai, you can borrow it any time you like. ;)

Thanks again to you both. I'm excited to be here.

L

Renee said...

Yay, Lea! I saw the fish bikini and I knew it was you. lol

Let's get the party started! :-D

Lea said...

Hey Renee;

Yeah, I guess my blowfish bikini is rather distinctive eh? lolol - yikes...

I'm looking forward to the party too Renee - thank you for the welcome.

L

Bridget Locke said...

Yay, it's Lea! *happy dance*


PS. Sorry I'm late. Work email's been wonky. :(

Lea said...

Hey Bridget!

Thank you so much for the welcome. I'm so excited to be here. ;)

((hugs))

L

Tracy said...

Lea you're just our type of woman! Crazy, margarita drinking, men lovin, book hoarding woman. Welcome!

Lea said...

Thank you Tracy!!

L

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP