Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our last new member!!!

Thank you everyone that applied but sadly enough the new membership draft (per say) must come to an end and we decided to go out with a bang!!! Help us welcome our last new member for the year Mandy!!!! She will be on da island with us living it up with her leprechaun suit!

1. What is the screen name that you want to go by? Amanda

2. What is your date of birth? 22nd of June (HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL THE LADIES A FEW DAYS LATE!!!)

3. What are your 5 favorite books?
Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Into the Widerness by Sara Donati
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Lover Eternal by J R Ward

4. Which heroes would you bring to the island and why?

Oh there are just too many to choose from!! I love the hero's of my books!
Ok first up I think I would have to bring Rhage, there is nothing I don't I love about this male! He is tortured, compassionate and has an inner beast! His story for me remains the most poignant of all the BDB. His story touches me so much, he sacrifices everything for the woman he loves despite what the costs are. Plus I have to say I am a sucker for guys that go for the heroines who may not always fall into the 'shes so gorgeous I want to scratch her eys out' category LOL.
Next it has to be Daegus MacKeltar....... for me he is the bad boy of all bad boys!! He battles with his inner enemies and fiercely protects those he loves. His story and Drustans are my two favourites from KMM in the highlander series. Favourite scene from his story is his towel drop at the top of the stairs...... a man like that deserves to be with me on the island!
I know probably everyone wants to bring Outlanders Jamie Fraser with them....... I'm another one! He was my first romance hero and I come running back to read more and more about him, he is the man of alot of women I know dreams!

5. What is your favorite movie that is based on book?
Oooo thats a toughie, think its going to be Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

6. Name one fun thing you would bring to the island?Think it would have to be my leprechaun suit!! (yes I have one!!) I'm allowed thoug I'm Irish 100% and could I bring my little shih tzu cassie too? She is so much fun!

7. Why are you interested in coming to the island?
I have recently gotten into the blogging world and here is one of my favourite places to stop by and read and sometimes post. I have learned alot here and gained alot of new to me authors that are threatening to take over my house I now have so many books!! Being part of such a fun cool place and getting to hang out with people I can only ever dream of would be amazing!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! Nice to see you on the island.
:o)

Amanda said...

Thank you Ms Moonlight!! Thrilled to be here!

Thanks for the welcome Sarai!

Lea said...

Welcome to the island Amanda!

Looking forward to enjoying lots of fun with you here!! ;)

L

Amanda said...

Thanks Lea!! I think we are going to have a ball!!

Bring on the cocktails ;)...... Oh boys

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Guess I will have to wait till next year....

Congrats to the ladies of the Island!

Renee said...

Welcome, Amanda! So glad you can join us.

Thumbs up for Jamie! Can't wait for the new book this fall.

Let the party begin! :-)

Amanda said...

Thanks Renee,

I know its going to be a good fall!!

Sarai said...

Um so where did my comment go?

Sarai said...

Anywho my original comment said WELCOME to da Island!! Make yourself at home and have a drink on me! Or at least I think that's what I said...

Tracy said...

Welcome to the insanity Mandy!

Amanda said...

Thanks Sarai and Tracy!!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP