Saturday, June 20, 2009

Welcome to our 1st new member!!!

Alright everyone the applications have started coming in and the menz have voted for our 1st new member. Let's give a HUGE shout out to Renee from http://reneesbookaddiction.wordpress.com

1. What is the screen name that you want to go by?
Renee

2. What is your date of birth? (day and month only!)
12/21

3. What are your 5 favorite books?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

4. Which heroes would you bring to the island and why?
Derek Craven (Dreaming of You)- I love how he’s a “take me or leave me” guy. He’s out there with his past and isn’t embarrassed by it. And, the intensity with which he loves Sara just makes me melt.
Sebastian St Vincent (The Devil in Winter)- The best reformed rake, ever! He comes to love shy Evie, and appreciate her quiet strength. He starts caring for her even before he realizes it. And when he does realize he wants her, whoa, baby!
Hawke (Psy-Changeling series)- Because he makes me laugh. He steals every scene he’s in, in the series. I love how he calls Sascha, “Sascha, darling” just to piss off Lucas. But, he’s also totally an alpha hero. Alpha heroes with a sense of humor are really rare.
Curran (Kate Daniels series)- How could I not want the King of the Beasts with me? He’s not just “sex on a stick” but he’s the best at witty, flirty dialogue.
Ranger (Stephanie Plum series)-All I have to hear is, “Oh, babe.” and I know it’s Ranger. He may be living in Jersey, but I know that he has all the survival skills that will keep me safe on the island.

5. What is your favorite movie that is based on book?
Any of the movie or mini-series productions of Pride and Prejudice.

6. Name one fun thing you would bring to the island?
My dog, Clifford. He’s a 100lb black lab, and I would love to see my heroes hanging out on the beach with him: playing frisbee, wrestling, frolicking in the waves . . .
Um, where was I? Oh yeah, the dog. Wouldn’t it be great to see Curran, King of the Beasts playing fetch with my dog? Or, Hawke running as a wolf with him?

7. Why are you interested in coming to the island?
Mostly, because it’s been such a fun place to visit over the last year! The inventiveness of the posts as well as the great authors who have visited make the island a place I want to be. I love the combination of information and fun. No one is taking themselves too seriously or setting the site up as THE VOICE of romance readers. It’s people coming together to celebrate their love of reading with other like minded people. And, have a great time while they’re at it. That being said, the level of information is really great, too. I’ve found a number of new blogs/authors/books to read because of the island.
Also, I feel like I can contribute to the island in a positive way. I had a blast doing my guest post a couple of months ago! I sort of get on my routine over at my own place, and the opportunity to do something else, given the different atmosphere at the island excites me.

Alright thank you Renee and WELCOME! If you would like to put your application in you still can. Head over here for the information and questions. In the mean time join us for a celebration

8 comments:

Kati said...

Woohoo!

*passes margarita*

Welcome Renee! SO glad you're here. It's lovely to have someone new on the island.

Now, get your paws off my man.

*takes Hawke's hand and leads him away, muttering under her breath*

;o)

Lea said...

Welcome to DIK Renee...

You enjoy your stay. ;)

Best to you all
L

Carolyn Crane said...

Yay Renee! How great to have you on the island!

I think your dog would have an entire pack to run with on full moon nights.

Katie Reus said...

Welcome to the island :) Glad to have another Jane Austen fan!

Renee said...

Kati: ::sips:: Thank you very much!
lol. I knew this was my one opportunity to grab Hawke, since I didn't have to choose someone who was unattached. However, (sigh) I'll give him back.

::whispers:: Maybe she'll give you up during next year's draft, Hawke . . .

Lea: Thank you! I'm excited to be here.

CC/CJ: Thanks! I just love the idea of all those alpha (shifter and otherwise) running around with my big goofy dog. :-D

Katie: Thanks! Jane is still the best. I just hear lines from P & P, and I've got to smile.

Sarai said...

WELCOME Renee!!! Glad you could make it!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Renee!

Tracy said...

Renee you crazy chick I'm so glad you're here! Congrats and welcome!

Copyright © 2008-2011 Desert Island Keepers All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP